Please just eat your food!!!

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice on feeding Jack.

A lot of the time I make something for Jack's tea or dinner, he wont eat it, its stuff he has been given before so I know its not because he doesn't like it, he looks at it and just wont eat it and its becoming more frequent!

Its so frustrating because I worry about him not eating enough, and also, I have just spent the time making it! He has a good appetite so I cant imagine its because he isn't hungry.

There are times where I can get him to taste a tiny bit and then he realises he actually likes it, and he is hungry, therefore he eats it!

I was wondering if any one had any tips or advice!

Its like he cant be bothered to eat and is more interested in playing with his toys! The last thing I want to do is give in but he just sits there and winges!

Please help!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

i cant really offer any advice but more reassurance i guess
when i was his age i used to go days without eating then i would just eat and eat all day for a few days then refuse to eat again....mum took me to the docs and everyhting but all they said was she will eat when shes hungry.
I know its not much consolation though...does he ask for stuff when it isnt meal times?

I know my friends children were 'terrible' eaters, in that they just didn't appear to ever eat, but after a few trips to the GP, Mummy was reassured LO will eat if they are hungry.

It's often said not to let LO's 'graze', not give them little meals throughout the day instead of the 3 squares, but if LO prefers little meals, then I'd try that, once he's happier he may consider joining you in family meal times. It's important for him to see Mummy eating too, obviously I've no experience but what I've seen with friends LO's, but that's said to be a good start.

Also, going shopping with LO, letting him choose what he wants, or buying paper plates, putting a big cross on it and writing down 4 different food options, and so you already have the ingrediants, but LO gets to decide what he wants. Make it a game, make up a menu, he can colour in fruits or vegetables on it, you could dress as a waitress? Maybe a touch much but it may spark his interest in food.

All in all I'd like to say just don't worry, because he will not starve, he will eat when he's hungry and I think its more about praising that than worrying about what he's not eating. I can sympathize, Isaac's not the best at eating solids but he's getting better, just takes time, our children like to take their time hehe

Very best wishes, hope you're feeling better about it today and there's always your HV, GP or NHS Direct :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back