Please Help Me! Desperate!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
I can't take anymore! I need sleep so bad!

Angel is up so many times at the moment it's getting difficult! If she isn't waking every 5 minutes at the start then it's every hour, then by midnight it's every 5 minutes! She doesn't always want feeding, sometimes not even a cuddle works, she just screams! When she does cry it's so bad, tears and coughs. Eventually she makes herself sick.

I give her the equivalent of calpol, i've tried co-sleeping. Nothing stops this night thing. When she's fast asleep i'll put her in her cot, she'll scream when she touches the bottom.

Sometimes she screams to be fed, but will only feed if i'm sat up! She won't lay down anymore! Sometimes she'll scream really bad and when she finally calms down after an hour, then she'll eat!

I don't know what to do anymore! I'm tired and sometimes feel angry! It's an awful thing to say but i can't help it!

I'll try anything! Someone please help me!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you must be worn out !! Sorry I don't have a miracle cure, my daughter had a similar phase and i ended up with her sleeping in her car seat next to my bed just so I could sleep !! I hope you find something that works for you :hug:

:hug: :hug: Poor you :hug:

Do you think it might be wind or reflux related? Could you prop up her cot so she isn't flat or maybe put a bouncer by your bed for her to sleep a couple of hours at a time in?

Hope you get it sorted :hug:

Sorry i have no advice but thought i'd give you a :hug: hope she settles soon xx have you thought when OH comes home from work? could you not get him to take Angel for a couple of hours so you can sleep then you'll feel fit for the nights? Don't feel bad about feeling angry i can imagine that its really frustrating when you've tried everything and she's still screaming :hug: :hug:

Wind or belly ache was my original thought. But i try sorting that so i don't think it is.
I never thought of reflux.
My other thought is teething but i don't know what to give as she's shown signs for a long time.

I'm so tired i just can't stop crying. OH tries taking her and she settles, but then the same, wakes up crying after 5 mins.

if you want sleep... but not a long term solution... try walking her about your house in her buggy... we had a few bad nights like this and were at the end of our tethers. She slept for a few hours in there and was perfectly safe all strapped in.

We then tried controlled crying, but thankfully our LO didn't make herself sick.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

It sounds like teething. My LO wakes up several times an hour for nights on end until the teeth cut. It is usually like that for 2 weeks before they cut through. How long has she been doing it for? We often had to put her in her pram and go out for a walk in the middle of the night until she slept and then transferred her to her cot (or if it really bad, then leave her in there but we have to strap her in and it's not that great for sleeping all night)

Ashtons powders are just camomile extract so you could give those or sometimes I make up camomile tea in her bottle and give it her through the day and it really calms her down a lot.

This has been like this about a week, but the hardest part is that we only just managed to settled her after a few weeks of refusing the cot full stop! I changed her mattress which bought me a bit longer. So in about a month we've had 1 good-ish week!

Saturday night i just broke down. Some of the stuff that goes through my head makes me feel like the worlds worst mother!
Today is the first day in a very long time that she's actually had a bit of sleep in the day! She never, ever does normally.

Ricky was like this from around 4 months to 6 months. I was SO anti controlled crying you wouldn't belive it. One night I sat reading everything google threw up about CC, the pro's and cons, and decided that if he was going to be up screaming and refusing cuddles/milk etc then he may as well be screaming with a view to sorting out his sleeping once and for all. I would not reccomend CC unless you and your partner are 100% up for it, but in our case the screaming went on and on for 2 months so we went for it.
3 nights of very structured planning was all it took, I'm pretty sure it was what he needed, the chance to learn how to settle himself, since then he's slept 10-13 hours a night, through teething, colds, bad tummies everything. It takes an iron will initially but my god I'd hate to go back to the hourly/5 minutely screaming fits he used to have.

I wish i could pop round and give you the day off :( For teething, anbesol is great because unlike bonjela, its not a gel so wont slide off the gums. Its an antiseptic, anaesthetic liquid that numbs the whole gum. It can be used up to 8 times a day if needed but not more than once in half hour :hug: xxx

xCarly said:
I wish i could pop round and give you the day off :( For teething, anbesol is great because unlike bonjela, its not a gel so wont slide off the gums. Its an antiseptic, anaesthetic liquid that numbs the whole gum. It can be used up to 8 times a day if needed but not more than once in half hour :hug: xxx

Can you get that anywhere? I have the Calgel stuff but like you say, it slides. Plus Angel tends to lick it off my finger before i have chance to get it on! Lol. I get funny faces as her tongue is obviously numb.

LisaJ1986 said:
xCarly said:

Can you get that anywhere? I have the Calgel stuff but like you say, it slides. Plus Angel tends to lick it off my finger before i have chance to get it on! Lol. I get funny faces as her tongue is obviously numb.

I got it from the pharmacy/chemist, it was £1.25 for 6.5ml but you can get a slightly bigger one for a little bit extra too. Here's the one i've got xx

anbesol-liquid.jpg
S7001795.jpg

Brilliant, thanks. Will have a look for that. I will seriously try anything!

Me too. I went to the HV today (yet another one i've never seen before) and begged her for help!
I've got a few things to try. Me sleeping on the next sheet i put on her bed for a couple of days before doing so. So she smells me. Give her weetabix before bed to fill her up.
Anything to avoid controlled crying as she doesn't think it's necessary as she's too young and more than likely teething.

Another tip for the bongela/calpolgel, I used to squirt it on Ryan's dummy... seemed to work and saved my fingers :D

A really good homeopathic remedy is Pulsatilla (sp?) if you have a homeopathis pharmacy nearby ask them to make it up in granual form at 200c and pop it on a dummy to administer it. It calms very effectively. I give it to my son and it is amazingly effective. Also I take it myself sometimes - worked a treat when I had my driving test and the early days when I was going insane with no sleep. It just calms you and baby down - stops your mind racing and makes you just feel okay about the insanity of no sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back