please help - i dont want to start a debate agin tho

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
after the debate about mcdonalds the other day me and garry (B's dad) were tlking and when he starts taking B out he wants to take him to mcdonalds and things once a week which is against my wishes - is he allowed to do this??
also his mum is a really bad driver petrifys me let alone garry and his little brother but when garry has B he wants to go out with her and in the car which i also dont want to happen - so can he do this against my wishes?

thanks for your help and like i sed i hope the 1st q dont cause any arguements
lots of love sarah n braydon

Am not starting an arguement, I come in peace :D . To be honest I'm not too sure legally what rights there are. Could you not talk to OH and try and compromise, like they only go to McDionalds once a month, or if they go B has the carrot sticks or milk in his happy meal so that he is not having as much junk food. mY oh wants to take Seren to McD's once in a while and although I'm not 100% in agreement, she is his daughter and I know she will have healthy-ish options and it will only be occasionally. As for his mum driving, I can really understand why you don't want that to happen, you always put your baby's health first don't you. Again could you try and talk to OH and if he doesn't listen perhaps the Citizen's Advice Bureau might be able to help you more as it is your baby's safety that you are concerned about. Hope you get it sorted x

he should really respect your wishes, i would agress that once a month would be better.
As for the car tell him he must buy a baby car seat and have it fitted that way he takes some of the resposibility. and you don't have to keep taking your out of the car.

I would try and talk this over with his dad and try for a compromise as much as possible, be that how often he goes or what healthier options he has if he goes once a week.

About the car thing: I'm sure whoever drives the car will drive more carefully if there is a baby in the car, I know I do!

The citizens advice would be able to help you if you are still worried. I'm not sure about what the dads rights are exactly, BUT I would be very careful that when B gets older his dad never keeps anything secret from you, eg telling your child not to tell you that they went to Mcdonalds today

My friends ex used to do that and she found out and went nuts, cos as soon as the child is old enough to learn that "keeping secrets from mommy" is allowed you never know where that could lead and it could be quite dangerous.

I do know you do not have to allow braydon to go with him if he has not got the right car seat because my brother in law has just had this problem it is law

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back