Please help first af and maybe tmi....

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was over the moon when the witch arrived as my first af since I had a mc in September, I understand it was going to be heavy but this is something else.....

Here's the tmi bit....yesterday morning I literally gushed blood when I went to the toilet, then within an hour I went through a tampon and pad.....the day wasn't as bad but again last night it happened again, very heavy and went through a super tampon and pad twice.....

I'm asking is this normal? And how long can I let it be like this before worrying??? X

Last edited:
Hi, i dont really have any answers for you but didnt want to read and run. I came off the pill in may and since then have had a few ok periods n two really bad periods one in aug n then the last one a few weeks ago, mayb not as bad as yours but defo heavy n lots of bloody in one go then light again was horrid but i just guessed it was my body adjusting back to normal again. I hope you are ok hun and that it sorts itself out for you. If not i can only suggest goin to see your doc.

Michelle. x

Hi Twinkles,
This happened to me too last period.
Its horrid isnt it! I was in such agony with it too!
Mine lasted 3 days being that heavy (soaking a tampon and pad every hour!)
Id wake up at night soaked - it was so horrible.
then i went on for about another 3 days but lighter - so much longer too than my normal period.

So yes , Ithink this is normal for af after MC.
The docs did warn me it may be heavy.
So I think if it contines for more than 5 or6 days I would question it.

Hope that helps, hope you are doing ok.
I found that I was really emotional with that period and it felt like MC had just happened again - very hormonal!! xx

Thanks girls, that's really reassured me, it's so horrible but glad I'm not alone!

Will see how I am by Monday....it's mad I was so looking forward to my af so we can ttc again but jesus this is nasty!!!! Y do we have to go through this!!

Out with the girls fir lunch and drinks today and it's stressing me!!!! Big bag and lots of supplies!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back