Please help diagnose my little ache

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Please help me with my little twinge.

I can't be bothered to make a special appointment about this, but wondered if you guys have had this and can work out what it is.

I have had a whole manner of ligament stretch pain since 12 weeks, but thise feels slightly different.

It is low down on the left hand side and quite near the pelvis. It isn't all the time and doesn't hurt really really bad but catches me by surprise and it is a little bit unpleasant.

Unlike the ligament pain which tends to happen if I stand up quickly or walk too fast etc, its more like a little twinge or throb that lasts a couple of seconds and can happen even if I am sitting really still.

It was bad on saturday, not too bad yesterday but was bad when I was getting into bed last night.

Could it be some sort of urine infection or nerve pain or something like that?

I have my 25 week check-up on wednesday, so I can ask then if it is still doing it.

Thanks for your help

I had something similar about a week ago - it felt like a trapped nerve or something - everytime I walked it was like a stinging, stabbing pain - after a few days it went so I didn't get it checked out - I put it down to another joy of pregnancy!!

If you are worried then get checked out if it is still there in a few days xx

i think its just where the baby is growing and pushing down on nerves etc.

you will get alot of aches and pains from now on, the worse is when you walk for a while, feels like your bump is going to fall off lol

I wouldnt worry to much hun, unfortunatly all the aches are normal :(

Thanks Guys

I have had a whole catalogue of little twinges, some worse than others, but I only really worry when I get a new one that I don't recognise.

I'm not overly worried though because Baby is still kicking like mad!

Thanks for your help

:D

Hi Sarah, I get this fairly often I guess (a few times a week) and have been told it's where the baby is sitting so awkwardly it's hitting nerves. Typical - little monsters already :lol:
My little one seems to like kicking me in the cervix :x it dont half hurt too!

It is a pain (literally) having all these things and worrying when you're pregnant, but if we went to the docs for everyting we'ed feel like we were in there every week!

Hope it's feeling better - try moving your baby away from the side gently - seems to stop the pain for me. xxx

Thanks for that Sami

I have been missing you!

Looking forward to seeing your next bump update!!!

I am due to post mine today and waiting for the DH to e-mail it over to me so that I can post it

I shall hopefully be getting a new picture up soon just as soon as we get the internet and webcam set up at our new house - still going to my mums or in-laws to use it!!

Hi Sarah

That's really weird, I had exactly the same thing in the same place last night and this morning and it was beginning to upset me. Phew!

And Hi Sami - it is nice to see you back. Don't go away so long next time.

Just found this on babyworld web site

The weight of your growing uterus may also press from time-to-time on a nerve, causing short-lived discomfort, pins and needles, and other odd sensations.

Sounds like this is it!

Hi all,

Also be careful as it can be SPD, (symphasis pubis dysfunction) it is where your pelvis softens too much and doesn't offer support, so walking, climbing stairs and standing on one leg to get dressed etc is painful.

It is in your hips, in your groin and down the top of your legs.

Just incase you want to look into it or mention it to the midwife, i am under physio for it now and it helps althought itis still very painful.

Take Care

:D :D :D :D

Sarah I get these pains too - I did go docs about it - and they did a swab and got the result today - I have thrush :oops: - Im hoping thats what the little pains / throbbing are.

I am worried about at as Im at the point where I should be feeling flutters, but all I feel is very mild versions of AF cramp type feelings - if you ask your midwife at your 25 week check up - can you come back on here and tell me what it was!!??!! - might put my mind at rest till I have my appointiment

thanks

L x

My pain seems to have gone now and I hardly got it at all yesterday so I am sure its not SPD.

I had considered that it might be that, but it doesn't look like it at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back