Playgroup/school

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Has anyone booked their kid in to schools or playgroups yet - i was a t toddler group this week and one of the mums said that we should be registering our kids at schools and playgroups ASAP as places are getting booked up by outside people in other villages etc.

Never even gave it a thought to be honest!

Jess will be 3 next june so I will have to enrol her in the playgroup in the next town in Jan. To get her into the actual school that goes with the playgroup we will have to move to that town but we will need to move anyway so thats where we will move to.
I phoned up last year about the playgroup and its not a first come first served basis but she didnt say what the criteria was.
The catholic school in the area we live is too far away from our home and doesnt have a play group.
I dont think its ever tooearly to enquire though, it gives you an idea of what to expect.

there is 3 skools that id love B to go to, one he has been accepted in i know the head n she sed shell take him wen i was PG lol it leads him to a gr8 second skool, but for him to go there i need to be driving
there is two more but they are soo booked up its unbeilivable he deffo wont be going to the ptimary skool i went to lol

Hypnorm I think it must depend on the area where you live. Round here you need to apply the year before they go to school, as there must be plenty of spaces.
If it's limited places where you live I'd look into registering now. Maybe ask other moms in the local area what they did.

I have booked Coby in to the same school as Charlie and Ethan.

xxx

This is also Playgroups too apparently if you don't bok him in asap then he won't be able to go!
we've go 3 schools local so i will register him for all three, as they have ood ofsted reports people are traveling from 5-10 miles away to bring their kid as its a good school so all the locals lose out. i thought locals would have priortiy but obviously not!

I am confused :think: I thot u only book school when u start nursery, the year b4 they go to skool. :doh:

Not thought yet as we will be moving in a year or so and when we get there we will sort it. However, I have thought about it and I know you need to get in early these days.

I've been advised to book now, or i could end up having to travel 10 miles to a school when my nearest is 0.3miles round the corner! i think it could depend where you live.
This was advised by a teacher at one of the local school... book your kid in ASAP..just wondered if anyone else had been advsed too

i have put matthews name down for nursery its won top government awards and they also take disabled kids which i think will be good for him to mix with other kids who have problems. You get allocated either a morning or afternoon slot then if they have space you can pay for them to go all day, otherwise its free (not many of them left!!)

round here you can put their name down as soon as they're born, doesn't mean you'll get a place though, even if your name is first down for the year.

The school send out LEA application forms to everybody on their list the year before they're due to start, and it all goes through the county council who allocate places based on catchment areas and siblings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back