play therapists?

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
has anyones LO seen one? Ks being referred to one cos shes petrified of allsorts thanks to her time in plaster! i mentioned to HV earlier that i cant cut her toenails, its getting to the stage where theyre gona start curling into her toes :( she will just not let me anywhere near them tho! shes the same when you try and cut her hair or do anything to her! she tried to weigh her today, she kicked of before i even sat her on the scales!

HV said she was dead sceptical about them, but her son saw one after a similar experience and they worked wonders! she reckons shes not actually scared of the cutting, its the restraint of it all having been in plaster! she said obv the toenails sound quite trivial, but it affects other things so its something we could do with sorting! she said when we go for physio they might have one there anyway cos thats the sort of thing they do! up til then i hadnt thought about the problems we'll have at physio!!

Hi,
I am a primary teacher and have had play therapists come into school to work with troubled kids, quite different to your situation, but I have found them to be really excellent. Not sure if this helps at all?!!

A play therapist is one person from the medical profession that we haven't seen!!

But Niamh is also terrified of a lot of things but she is getting better. With Niamh its also being restrained that she hates, but after what our little girls have been through, you can hardly blame them!

I'd give it a go, it will probably take a long time to undo all of Katies fears, but it should get her heading in the right direction.

yea you really cant blame them!! we'e had a bit of a foot breakthru, she let me sit and massage her feet yesterday!! she was asking my sister to paint her nails yesterday soo i think i'm gona try and cut them whilt painting i think!! hows niamh doing?xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back