could she be right?

christmasbabygirl

Reaction score
My little one has been smiling since about 2 weeks old, she is now 3 weeks, well whenever she does it i just put it down to being wind as i thought she is wayyy to young to be smiling. well the hv came today and stroked her cheek and cooed at her and she did the biggest gummyest grin you have ever seen. She does this often and the hv said it was def a smile not wind and she said dont listen to anyone who says they dont smile before 6 weeks cos they do! she is lifting her head up really well already too and was 12 days overdue im still unsure if im convinced but could it really be a smile?

Sure! And at the end of the day- you know if it's happening due to her responding to a stimulus rather than her just grimacing due to gas!

Sounds like a real smile. If she was drifting off to sleep then it'd probably be wind but if she's smiling when she's wide awake and in response to something it'll be a proper one.

Molly held her head up really early, in the hospital, anyone who held her said she had a really strong neck. Babies don't follow anyones rules :lol:

Sounds like smiling to me too :)

She will also copy you if you poke your tongue out at her :) Try it :)

Awww im so happy shes smiling away at me lol its well sweet! Yeah lou she does that too, when they lifted her onto my chest after the birth she was copying us doing it x

i know its so cute im filling up lol :cry:
its so nice to tell someone on here as i feel like a baby bore talking to others about her lol!!!

awww we are all ears, you talk as much as you like ! :)

Angel first smiled the day before 3 weeks! Everyone said it was wind but it really wasn't. She was giggling by 4 weeks.
Also the day after she was born she could lift her head and swap sides.

I'm a baby bore! I have no other topic of conversation! Lol

Aw thanks lou :D
Aww its sooo cutee when they giggle!
im the same lisa, she is all i talk about lol! thats prob why iv lost all my mates apart from 1 who has a baby too lol x

They take over your life, in a good way of course :)

if she does it in response to you or something, its a smile. they say babies dont smile before 6 weeks, but Inida was smiling at 2 weeks. a lot, and whenever i would talk to her she would respond with a smile.

Talia smiled at 2 weeks old. She even smiled for the hv who noted it down in her red book as a sociable smile!! well proud!!

christmasbabygirl said:
yay my clever little girl lol!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Yep definitely sounds like a real smile! Does she have smily eyes? Windy smiles just seem to be the mouth that moves and often mainly one side of the mouth!

Lola didnt do proper smiles till about 4-5 weeks but held her head up from birth! All babies are so different its annoying when they say "they should do this at this age.... blah blah blah" :lol:

aww bless her. Ollie started smiling at about 4 weeks. He also copied matt the other day when he waved goodbye. I thought it was a flook but he did it again. My mum moaned at me for underestimated my baby! lol

Wait until she starts giggling when you giggle.. thats so cute. I was in stitches the other day when Ollie was doing it!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back