Need advice! So worried!!

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Right maybe a long one...
Lacey is 8 week old and she is 9lb 3oz. The last time she got weighed so had only put on 3oz in 10 days which they said wasn't enough and if it happens next week she has to see a doctor. She did have great weight gain up until now, she never even lost in the first few weeks which they can and alot do. So shes always been good with putting on weight. She is on cow and gate comfort and has been since 4/5 week old and has also slept right through since then. For her weight its worked out that shes meant to have 22 1/2 oz a day but she doesn't. she had 18 oz yestoday but she had her jabs so cannot rely on that being what she usually has as it could be a reaction to the injections. I know its probably not 22 1/2 oz she has its probably less as shes not a big eater and shes only little for her age and was 6lb 1 1/2 oz when she was born so she was 10th centile a bit on the small side they said. Last night she slept for 13+ hours without a bottle but it could be cos of the jabs but she still sleeps ALOT at night without a feed which is really worrying me. If we wake her for a feed and try to put the bottle in her mouth she gets really upset cos she doesnt want it and no matter what we do or how many times we wake her up and try she will not drink through night if she hasnt woke on her own to be fed. Any advice? I can't stop worrying, i am worrying so much i am bothered i am gonna drive myself round the bend, literally! Sorry its so long just wanted to get everything in. xxx

Sorry they've got you so wound up.

The fact is, she's still putting in weight and not losing it. If I listened to everything the hcp's ever said I'd be a nervous wreck.

My 1st dd never drank as much as the tin said, ever and my next 2 were bf so I have no idea.

Try not to worry. If there was something wrong with her you'd know x

Thank you! Do you think 13-14 hours is way too long for her to go without a bottle through night? xxx

Sorry they've got you so wound up.

The fact is, she's still putting in weight and not losing it. If I listened to everything the hcp's ever said I'd be a nervous wreck.

My 1st dd never drank as much as the tin said, ever and my next 2 were bf so I have no idea.

Try not to worry. If there was something wrong with her you'd know x

WSS^^

Defo don't worry as long as she's gaining, they really shouldn't worry you like that. They did this to me too, tbh Oz did lose alot of weight after birth and they made me obssess over his weight and I couldn't get over it til he was about 4 months old. If she was dropping centiles then yeah maybe she might need monitoring but otherwise just keep doing what you're doing.

Also, if she's sleeping all that time just let her sleep. Wish my LO would sleep all that time, he does go 12 hours BUT he's in our bed for alot of that and will keep latching on (still BFing) and so I'm being woken up too and not getting a full nights sleep.

Kept meaning to ask you how you got on with the colief too? Is her colic better now hun?

xxxx

Thanks hun, Yeah used the colief a while ago it was great... tried to get it on prescription but they wouldn't give me it lol. Luckily the colic seems to be better now :D shes also on infant gaviscon which is helping silent reflux. So not alot of screaming fits now either (touch wood) lol. Very pleased this morning as shes managed to get exactly 22 1/2 ounces into her! I am gonna chill out now and just let her be, if she wants to sleep i will just enjoy it lol. xxx

Oh and yeah the hv know how to scare you! No wonder people don't listen to them half the time!! xxx

I wouldn't worry Hun, Tegan was 8lb 1 at birth and lost lots of weight they worried me all the time about her weight. considering your LO was little at birth i thinks she's doing great! xx

Don't worry Chloe is 10 months old in 4 days time just had he weighed in week gone at 15lbs 12oz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back