Placentas

Positive37

Reaction score
Again at ante natal talked about natural placenta birth or injection to getit moving.
Have been advised by a few people that your body should birth it naturally and i wanna do this but obviously if medically u cant then fine.

Whats your thoughts?

Also anyone heard about getting placenta frozen and made into capsules apparantly its really good for mothers recovery im well keen?

I don't know much about this yet, but I agree that natural seems preferable to injections.

There has been some publicity about eating the placenta...wouldn't be for me!! But each to their own. It gets rid of waste as well as supplying nutrients... each to their own though hun.

My mum used to be a mw in the 60s & 70s and there was a Dr who had these huge incredible gardens. (open to the public now), he used to take all the placentas from the ward to put on his flower beds! amazing fertiliser apparently!!!! Random!

xx

I'm pretty sure I had jabs with both my sons and didn't really notice too much what was going on with it as I was busy with the babies. Ill probably go with another jab this time to help speed it up xxx

I wouldnt eat placenta but a capsule with water sounds easy...i need to look into it,
Oh yeh ive heard u can plant it and u get a tree....im a little wierd like that what a special tree it would be as its kept my baby alive for 40 weeks.
Gonna play by ear i think as they say the natural way can cause more bleeding xx

Just chop it up and fry it with onions. yum. (euuuuuuuuurgh!!!)

I had the injection as I wanted that stage done with as soon as! Arrived 3 mins after Daisy - so glad it was done with so soon rather than lying and waiting! Suppose its personal choice though and how you want to do things x

I have said I want the cord to stop pulsating then to give me injection and to get placenta out I don't want it to drag on its not for me as for placenta capsules no way it's got no genuine medical proof it helps and for me I find the idea gross that isn't said to offend anyone who does btw just my personal opinion for me. Post 40 weeks the nutrients it supposedly contains start dissapearing anyway which is why they don't let you go over 42 weeks pregnant as it can be dangerous to baby. So Its definatly not a consideration for me. Equally I wouldnt want cord art made or to plant it just dispose of mine please (I would have done cord blood donation but I sadly can't at my hospital)

I haven’t made any decisions. As yet need.to do my research. ...I am very open minded xx

I had the jab with my first and will have it again this time. My first was a traumatic birth and he had to be checked over by a paediatric team so all I wanted to do was concentrate on was him. As for the placenta encapsulating it's definitely not something I would do. I think you need to arrange for it to be collected but I would worry that it's not mine that's been collected, maybe that's just me though x

I haven’t made any decisions. As yet need.to do my research. ...I am very open minded xx

Always good to research and I think that what is right for one of us is rarely the exact same choice as what is right for someone else. :)

I'll do . whatever. Is best for me.ane baby on the day .oh yuk someone. Elses.placenta ha u put me right off x

I'm getting my placenta encapsulated!

I have an 18month old to run about after and need all the help with energy levels I can get xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I had this discussion with my mum (she's a midwife) the other day.

She said to not rule out the injection, because if your bleeding it can really help. She also mentioned about the length of labour, with a really long one your uterus may be more tired and not as efficient.

I've said I'd like to do everything as naturally as possible, and ill take advice on the "where possible" so I know when to say yes to the medical side!

As for placenta encapsulation, I've not heard anything to support it works, so I won't be doing that, I'd probably consider it if I found any compelling evidence to support it though.

I don't even remember the placenta bit when I had my little boy, all I know is a had an injection to help hurry it along! But it was such an insignificant thing to me, I had my baba in my arms and just did whatever was quickest! Never thought about the cord pulsating or any of that, don't think it makes any difference does it?x

Im opting for the cord to stop pulsating, then cut the cord, then the injection to get it out.
Obv if that doesnt go to plan than ill do what ever, and if cord isnt long enough OGH can cut it asap.

But it was on the news not so long ago about delayed clamping, to let all the goodness get into baby and then clamp n have injection after that as then the placenta is good as gone! x

i had the injection as i wanted it sorted and finished so i could hold my baby and finishe getting sewed up lol. i wouldnt do encapsulation as 1, i cant afford it and 2, i dont believe that there is a whole lot of nutrition left in it after the baby has been supported by it for 9 months so i dont think its worthwhile when i could just eat a good steak or liver

I'm planning on having the injection but only after the cord has stopped pulsating and been cut. I am intrigued by the placenta and would like to have a look at it. Last time my placenta was small so will be interesting to compare sizes. Not sure about eating it though, placenta smoothie doesn't sound too appealing!

Random as it may sound I would also like to see the baby's head crowning and thinking about packing a mirror - any thoughts?

I had the injections with my other deliveries but this time I'm going for the delayed cord clamping so will want cord to stop pulsating before it's cut by oh and then placenta delivered. Apparently so much goodness goes back to the baby through the cord after delivery so it seems such a waste to cut it straightaway.

As for placenta encapsulation - think I'll give that one a miss lol. Though I can remember the mw showing me the placenta when I had my dd and explaining it all to me and it was very interesting so I would certainly like to see it xx

Random as it may sound I would also like to see the baby's head crowning and thinking about packing a mirror - any thoughts?

I'm not sure if I'd want to see baby's head crowning - think it might freak me out a bit lol. When I had my ds the midwife asked if I wanted to feel the head as it was coming out and I said no, but think I could be tempted to do that this time around - just not sure if I'd want to see it n my bits looking all stretched and deformed lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back