Placentas

ive been watching birthing videos on youtube lol.. the crowning looks horrendous! Ill touch his head when its almost out but i dno if id wanna look. Spose every other sod in the room will be so why not haha!! xx

Is anyone's OH videoing it? My OH told me the other day he will be. I told him to feck off !!!! But now I'm thinking it might be ok if it's for our eyes only lol. Just not sure I wanna see my nether regions in such a state lmao :)

haha NO!! sod thaaat! I no my mum will be taking piks.. but not of my foof. All being well i still get my water birth, ill have a top on aswell so dnt mind a few piks while in labour but they are for my personal photo album ha! ill be a mess!!

xx

I read up a bit about it and was still undecided on the day.

I knew deep down that I'd want the 3rd stage over as quickly as possible but I'd heard some positive stories (my friend was allowed to sit on a commode, nursing baby and deliver placenta)

As things so happened I ended up having the injection as it took a long time to push James out and they were worried about him. They check your placenta for blood gasses which can indicate if baby was starved of oxygen. The injected me and it was out within minutes! They than sat on the foot of my bed and proceeded to examine it right in front of me whilst OH and Dr were with baby on other side of room..

I completely understand why they needed it out so quickly and I have no issues, sadly it meant immediate cord clamping for me as well.

I recall being told you have to have the injection if you have a water birth??

xxxxx

Yeah i heard that aswell. It doesnt bother me if i have injection, I do want if possible the delayed clamping but its not a huge issue if its not possible. But noted it down incase.
Think noah would of sucked it dry by the time hes born anyway hahaha, the chunk!!! xx

I've just covered this in antenatal classes as well. The green NHS notes seem to really push having the injection and before my class, I'd just assumed I had to have an injection after baby was born. Now, I'm thinking I'd like to try and get the placenta out naturally and maybe go for the injection if it seems to be taking a long time. I definitely want to try and do delayed cord clamping.

As for eating placenta and capsules, that's not for me!

My mum had the injection with all 3 of us. Apparently she managed to fire the placenta out with such force on one occasion that it hit the consultant square in the chest!! My mum said he had unusually large hands and it was payback for the internal examinations!

Need to do some research in to the jab but I will prob have it.

Pos, let me know if u find and sound data on the encapsulation. I hunted extensively for research and found nothing.

I personally can't see the benefits, and you would need to make sure the encapsulation process was appropriate. Full of delicate hormones which need to be treated carefully when freeze drying and I bet there is no data available. I'd be worried your just getting powdered meat, rather then anything beneficial!

Xx

I had a natural placenta delivery last time (it came out in 20 mins). Unfortunately then had a haemorrhage afterwards. Some midwives blamed the haemorrhage on the fact I chose to go natural. Some have said it had nothing to do with it. Who knows, but I wouldn't have changed my decision. I don't believe for a second it was the cause of the haemorrhage. They screwed up after birth...something dodgy went on. I bled a lot but the midwife told the doc I only lost 400ml and sounded panicked. The following day they realised I was anaemic and I had 2 units of blood.

I have to have the injection this time, one of the conditions I had to agree by.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I recall being told you have to have the injection if you have a water birth??

xxxxx
Not at my hospital. If you have a water birth and have the injection you have to get out of the water to have the injection and deliver the placenta. Or you can stay in the water and deliver the placenta naturally. As long as there doesn't appear to be much blood loss.

Which is partly why I chose natural. I wanted to stay in the water with the baby. But they are so impatient. She had me pulling at the cord which I didn't want to do, but felt I had to. All the reading I'd done seemed to imply it was perfectly acceptable to wait for an hour for it to come out. But after 10 minutes she wanted to tug it!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Look up physiological 3rd stage and research it well before deciding. The injection does make it quicker and prevent some bleeding, the mw then pulls the cord to get it out. The injection can cause some nausea. With doing it naturally you have 1 hour to get it out and does take some effort of pushing it out, baby to the breast to stimulate uterine contractions. The cord should never be pulled unless if not out within the hour you will have the jab the the cord pulled to get it out. This can add on time afterwards especially if you need suturing. I am having the jab.

Last edited:
I had the injection the other day whilst in the pool. I then got out and delivered the placenta within 2 minutes, minimal bleeding. That evening I got taken out of the ward to be spoken to in a side room - the midwife had pricked herself with the needle she had used on me, so I gave a blood sample, dozy cow!

Random as it may sound I would also like to see the baby's head crowning and thinking about packing a mirror - any thoughts?

If we have another I'd take a mirror!

I had a feel of James' head, OH didn't want to though.

I am kind of jealous he saw it all happen and I didn't??

I've still never seen someone give birth - maybe that is for the best lol.

xxxxxxx

Interesting views on this........it says natural can take upto 60mins and will get contractions.tbh u can vhange your mind at anytime so dependsmhow long my labour is i might just want injection.

U can deliver naturally in water birth providing u are not at risk of heavy bleeding

Spin sugar i checked price for esssex encapsultion its £150 it can provide iron and energy and beat baby blues....? If i could find good evidence its money well spent.

As for mirrormnot sure i am keen seeing my bits and babies head defo getting some good pocs..well bf will xxx

I'm having the encapsulation - my sister in law had it and felt great in the days/weeks following the birth. She takes them now when shes due for her period and gets no Pmt (her mood swings were awful!) - my brother is very grateful haha! It's tricky as its her first she has nothing to compare it to but my pmt plus having endometriosis the pain is so bad every month and I've tried so many alternatives I'm willing to give anything a shot! My friends all think its weird and disgusting But I really don't! It's in capsules not cooked up in a frying pan! Haha! Plus they don't understand how much pain I go through every month. Some people say its the placebo effect - who cares?! If I'm feeling good I'm not fussed if its because my mind has been fooled into feeling better or the hormones making me feel good - it's win win!
My midwife is really straight laced and I said to her I'm going to have it and she said she had been really against it until recently a couple of her mums had done it and she'd seen first hand how great they look/feel that she's going to do when she has children. It is an expense (im lucky that its going to be a gift from my brother and sister in law) but I think it's worth trying. Also if you're having a girl she can have them once she hits puberty as its also her hormone too. (I'm having a boy so that's not relevant to me) but anything that can stave off my monthly agony I'm all up for trying! Xxx

Excellent anna u made me want to do if even more so....we will bouncing off walls.after.we.give birth.!!!
U are a.week ahead.of me.ill be interested to keep in touch and see how we both feel.xxx

Yes definitely! I just think its worth a try! I don't have anything to compare it to but if I'm feeling ok then great!
I've stopped telling people I'm having it done now as I'm sick of hearing its weird! My boyfriend thinks its weird too - what he'll be thanking me when he's not having to deal with my hormones haha! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back