PINK SEED weighed today ..

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by maybebaby, Nov 30, 2007.

1. maybebaby

maybebaby Well-Known Member

Wow that's fantastic! Most babies lose weight in the first 5 days, it makes you feel so proud when yours gains!

Have you tried the rugby ball hold? You hold baby with her body under your arm and her head in your hand. Some people find it easier to get a good latch that way to begin with (I know I did).

Also, in the 'traditional' hold, try crossing your legs and putting a pillow on your knee to support the hand/arm her head is resting on. I found it was a bit easier on my back that way.

Well done Midna & Wednesday!

2. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

Thats how I do it... resting my elbow on something. It gets easier as they grow as you don't have to lift them so much, you can lie them on something. I use the sitting up way for during the day, and the lying down way for morning feeds.

3. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I'm going to be getting one of these mid..

Sling

I had something similar with Tia when I went out and it made it dead easy to breast feed her... plus you can stick a muslin square over your shoulder and no one even knows your feeding... :)

I also used to find sitting with my knees bent on another chair and Tia sorta squished between my thighs and boob a useful position when out and about...

Like you I prefered lying down to feed Tia but it was dead impractical if you went out..

Tia never lost weight either because she was a greedy little thing too... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

4. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Thats how I do it... resting my elbow on something. It gets easier as they grow as you don't have to lift them so much, you can lie them on something.quote]

Me three :)

Well done btw!

5. maybebaby

maybebaby Well-Known Member

I had a breastfeeding counsellor come round when Austin was a few days old who showed me all the different holds, maybe you could ask your midwife if there's something similar in your area? I didn't struggle that much but she was offered so I thought why not?

Good luck, I hope you feel less sore soon. :hug:

6. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

Well done to both of you!!

I found this hold easiest in the beginning :D

7. KJ

KJ Well-Known Member

I use a widgey breastfeeding pillow. It's great. It hugs your body and you just rest the baby on it and it supports most of their body. Takes a lot of the armache away.

K.xxx