fussing on the breast, help needed

oldermum

Reaction score
Any advice?

Holly is coming up to 8 weeks old and in the past few days has got very fussy when feeding.

She's great when she first latches on and gets the 'let down' milk and stays on for a while then she generally neads winding (always has), she gets very squirmy and has to come off.

Its re attaching her thats my problem, because she doesn't get a vast amount fast when going back on she's coming off and basically moaning then she's constantly 'latch on,then off' .

The only way i've found to get her back on the same breast is to change position and rugby hold her, but i can't do this when out and about, she's just too long :?

Any tips on how i can get her back on the same breast in the normal position?

is she tired asa pose to hungry?
try patting her to sleep

failing that i always found switching breasts worked even if i switched 5 or 6 times eventually baby would settle.
sometimes they have a favourite breast and the milk comes out easier on that one.

Hi!

I had this same problem. Generally changing his nappy and a qucik cuddle with Joey over my shoulder will work. He will then go back to the same boob. Chaning boobs several times also works.

I have however decided that he is efficient now at feeding and doesn't take as long so will just want to suck for comfort at the end and because he is full he gets angry when milk comes gushing out! I can usually distract him away and settle him with rocking.

Good luck, I know how frustrating this an be :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back