Pineapple?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Somebody told me it is unsafe to eat pineapple during pregnancy, so of course I googled and found that apparently it can bring on uterine contractions and cause miscarriage, but some sites are saying it's just an old wives tale.

I love pineapple and am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this or if it's just a load of crap! :oooo:

I have had major pineapple craving the whole way through my pregnancy ad I have eaten literally hundreds of pineapples so I think it's an old wives tale hun! :)

Apparently if you eat loads of it (lke 5 pineapples) it can release an enzyme that can trigger labour . But I cant imagine you would sit and eat 5 whole fresh pineapples in one sitting ?

It's the core you're meant to eat and lots of it when you want to start labour so if ur just eating the normal part of it I'm sure it's fine xx

I hope its just an old wives tale - pineapple is my only craving!!

I ate tons during my last pregnancy , I had a fruit salad obsession and I was fine

Ive been filling my face with all fruits includibg lots of pineapple, the nurse even told me to eat pineapple when I was ill recently
pretty sure its an old wifes tale :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back