Pill. anti-biotics and brown blood

Jbeanie

Reaction score
Something strange is going on........

I'm still on the pill (due to take my last one 8th November!!) However I've been on anti-biotics this cycle and we've BD'd quite a lot just recently.

The thing is, I went to the loo earlier today and there was brown blood, now as far as I can remember, I've never had mid-cycle spotting whilst being on the pill! So now I'm very confused!

Thoughts anyone?

Hmmm some types of anti biotics can interfere with the pill. Check with Dr to see if this is the case with ones you are on xx

You need to do a pg test hun. Antibiotics can affect the pill which in itself is never foolproof anyway. It's the only way you will know for sure I think xxxxxxxx

The doc did give me the whole 'pill vs anti biotics lecture' which I thought was rather funny given the fact I'm 31 and have been on it for years!! Told him I wasn't too concerned as I am coming off the pill in November anyway!

So, would you continue to take the remainder of the packet and then see if AF turns up as it should next week before testing?

Thanks ladies xxxx

I would finish the pack just so you can have a better idea when to expect your next period. If you completely stop now you might have a break through bleed and then bleed again in what you think is mid cycle. Up to you thought and I hope you get the result you want if you were coming off the pill anyway :) xxx

Hi Tara

Thanks. I will continue as normal and put this down to my body doing something weird and will see what happens next week! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back