• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pictures of your wedding cakes please..........

NIE

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm getting my cousin a wedding cake as a wedding present, and I was wondering if you lovely ladies could post a picture of your wedding cake for ideas.

She has given me free choice and I'm stuck whether to go for a traditional style, modern or novelty.

I like the novelty cakes and had one at my wedding. Everyone couldn't stop talking about it.

Thanks. xxx

this was mine it was lemon drizzel cake yum yum
l_7d5ef8f5a9b3a2237341b76f54b597181.jpg

aww it looks beautiful this thread will make me want cake
i mean i just LLLLURRRVE a bit of cakkke

I cant find a pic on my pc but mine was 3 layers square shaped, the bottom was choc sponge, the middle was carrot cake and the top was tradition fruit cake, all layers were covered with the white icing and had sugar thistles on it to decorate it and tartan ribbon round them

yum cakes, i havent got any pics but i agree i love novelty wedding cakes! :D

this was ours:
CE034.jpg

we now have the ornament on display at home....a nice keepsake :D

Here's our cake.....................

Aug2004045.jpg

Ours was 3 suitcases with us sitting on top = the cake maker had a pic of my dress to copy for the figures on top!

Ignore my daft face...

I'd just got back from travelling the world as scuba instructors when we got married so my cake was chocolate with 2 dolphins on :)

One of my favorite sites (sorry to you dieters) is

www.cheesecake.co.uk and they do wedding cheesecakes...maybe you could make your own if they like cheescake... I LOVE it

121_140607_blowuppage.jpg

Urchin said:
I'd just got back from travelling the world as scuba instructors when we got married so my cake was chocolate with 2 dolphins on :)

One of my favorite sites (sorry to you dieters) is

www.cheesecake.co.uk and they do wedding cheesecakes...maybe you could make your own if they like cheescake... I LOVE it

121_140607_blowuppage.jpg

we need a drool icon please!!

DSCF4114.jpg

Here's ours for our wedding and then for our 2nd reception my best mate made the rest of our family and added my DD and "Ma Boy" :oops:

DSCF4260.jpg

I made the cakes the night before we left for the wedding which was also my 30th birthday :roll:

here's mine , went for novalty on the bottom layer , me and dh met through cars so we actually used our own car on the cake , dh also used it has his wedding car ! then me and him was in the actually outfits we wore too ! ( bottom was fruit , middle sponge and top long life fruit) . middle one we ate on the day , top one is to be saved for babies christinging .

1035.jpg

Marks And SpencerDo Nice Wedding Cakes, Thats Where DF's Nan Got Ours From!

They Do 4 Dofferent Sizes And They Are Round, The Biggest One Was £44.50! They Are Plain White With Decortive Icing And White Ribon!

We Went To Our Local Icing Cabin And Got Some Decorations And DF's Nan Is Decorating It!

We Are Changing The White Ribbon Around The Cake To Match Our Colour Scheme Tho!

You can see mine if you go in this link......... I can't get the hang of attaching a picture yet!! :? :?

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5931872

It was three tiers of Marks and spencers sponge cake that I changed the ribbon to pink. We had the cake topper from www.charactercreations.com I just had to send her picutes of me and Simon together, a pic of the suite he would be wearing and pics of what I would be wearing. I got the stand from ebay and I've just re-sold it and made £20 on what i paid for it......get in!!!! :cheer: :cheer: [/url]

Chrissy1 said:
You can see mine if you go in this link......... I can't get the hang of attaching a picture yet!! :? :?

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5931872

It was three tiers of Marks and spencers sponge cake that I changed the ribbon to pink. We had the cake topper from www.charactercreations.com I just had to send her picutes of me and Simon together, a pic of the suite he would be wearing and pics of what I would be wearing. I got the stand from ebay and I've just re-sold it and made £20 on what i paid for it......get in!!!! :cheer: :cheer: [/url]

204788999b15b522bc246c3a9298ba90715a7454939d94c3dfa97e1f5ddf97d6399192ff.jpg

All you need to do is add
to the end :D

Took me ages to try to get the picture on - i think its a bit small but i couldn't change it. If you click on it you can see it full size!

Ours was chocolate sponge laced with kirsch with a cherry filling then covered with white chocolate curly things and white chocolate flakes on top of each cake.

here our wedding cake we did it oueselves we brought the cake from M&S and the decorations from hobbycraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back