pics on facebook

chezzabell

Reaction score
Was just after peoples thoughts

What i put on my page, regarding pics of my kids is up to me, my profile is hidden and i control who are my friends etc, but i was looking through one of my daughters friends from school mums facebook page before as its not hidden and she has pics of my daughter on there from school outing and xmas play etc, iam just over reacting about this, but this has really pissed me off as she doesnt have my permission to put pics of my daughter on her page!!!

i understand she wants to put pics of her little boy on but there are a few of my sophie and im a little bad not sure how to feel :think:

should she not have asked, i always do, even family members

I dont think I would be happy if people had pics of my LO on their facebook without even asking!! I think that's abit rude to be honest.

It's understandable that you are upset. I'd never put pics up unless I knew my profile was 100% private and I was close enough to the person to know they don't mind.

I don't put anything too personal on Facebook because if a friend has commented your pic, every single one of their friends can look at every picture you have in that album, how is that private in any way?! :wall:

Don't quote me on it, but I think that a picture is the copyright of the person who took
................one reason why paps can sell photos of celebs :think:

Yes, she should ask but I don't think she has too ask (if you see what I mean!)

Misslarue said:
Don't quote me on it, but I think that a picture is the copyright of the person who took

totally see what u mean hun, but what im a little upset of is the her profile is not hidden therefore anyone could get hold of that pic

Sephs said:
It's understandable that you are upset. I'd never put pics up unless I knew my profile was 100% private and I was close enough to the person to know they don't mind.

I agree - my profile is set to private, and although I do have a few pics of other kids on there (mainly my nephews and nieces), their mum's are on my friend's list and have the same pictures too. If it wasn't a family member I would ask the person if they minded me posting a picture which had one of their children in it!

chezzabell said:
Misslarue said:

totally see what u mean hun, but what im a little upset of is the her profile is not hidden therefore anyone could get hold of that pic

No I totally agree with you, I wouldn't like that either :hug: :hug:
It was just in answer to your question of whether she should have asked you or not. I agree she should, but I think she doesn't have too. If you approach her she may/could say something like that. Depends how well you know her and how reasonable she is! :wink: Maybe ask her if she will set her profile to private.

Misslarue said:
chezzabell said:
Misslarue said:

No I totally agree with you, I wouldn't like that either :hug: :hug:
It was just in answer to your question of whether she should have asked you or not. I agree she should, but I think she doesn't have too. If you approach her she may/could say something like that. Depends how well you know her and how reasonable she is! :wink: Maybe ask her if she will set her profile to private.

i dont really like her :rotfl:
she is one of those parents who never speak on the play ground and if i see her in our town she blanks me, so dont think she will be doing me any favours :rotfl:

:doh: So if you ask she probably won't anyway :doh:
Tricky one hun :hug:

I know the feeling, i've asked my friend not to put pics up without asking and she mostly does now, i dont think anyone else would put pics up.

I made my profile private (as her biological dad found me on there and i dont want him nosing around lol) and made Dave do the same as he puts pics on.

You know what bugs me is my friend seems to feel the need to tag me in my own pictures!!!! I havn't tagged me which generally means i don't want it tagged :wall:

Can you not send a complaint to Facebook. Just stating she has pics of your child up and you're not happy about it. Worth a try anyway.
Someone suggested this to my friend the other day. Not sure if they've done it yet but they're just gonna give it a go.

chezzabell said:
i dont really like her :rotfl:
she is one of those parents who never speak on the play ground and if i see her in our town she blanks me, so dont think she will be doing me any favours :rotfl:

You've got nothing to lose by asking her to set her profile to private or take pics off if she doesn't talk to you anyway who cares if you upset her. She might not even know other people can view it, it was only recently that I realised other people could see mine as I hadn't gone in and changed the settings to private when I first set it up :doh: .

I think you have a right to be annoyed. My profile is private and it is set so that if a friend comments on a pic, other people can't see it or my album. Even still, I ALWAYS ask my sister or friends if I want to post a pic with their little ones on and I expect the same curtesy. One of our single friends posted some wedding pics which included pics of our little girl. My OH asked him to either make them private or take her off as we wanted controll over who could see them.
I would send her a nice message asking her to make her profile private or take them off; she may not realise. If she gets snotty, ask FB, I am sure they will sort it out. Child protection is quite important.

I would always ask before posting pics of anyone else's kids, and have asked people in the past to take pics down. Just ask her to remove them, she shouldn't have a problem with it. :hug:

did the school not ask if you minded pictures being taken at the play?? Thought they had to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back