Physio - waste of time :(

Gemsy

Reaction score
I've been really suffering with mid back pain lately, and got referred for physio. So excited to have an appointment so quickly (within a week!), but may as well have not seen anyone :(

Just told me they can't do anything, and I have to expect pain, being pregnant. All they can do is give me a giant tubigrip to wear as support.....jeez, I'm hot enough as it is without adding ANOTHER layer!!

Oh well.....just dreading the pain getting worse, as its certainly not going to get any better the bigger I get :(

start balancing on birthing ball will strengthen your core was doing this for my sciatica before I was pregnant.

I've been really suffering with mid back pain lately, and got referred for physio. So excited to have an appointment so quickly (within a week!), but may as well have not seen anyone :(

Just told me they can't do anything, and I have to expect pain, being pregnant. All they can do is give me a giant tubigrip to wear as support.....jeez, I'm hot enough as it is without adding ANOTHER layer!!

Oh well.....just dreading the pain getting worse, as its certainly not going to get any better the bigger I get :(

same here for my Spd its pants tubi grip and a suport belt and being tolf how to sit up properly and about posture, i agree with the coment about the birthing ball give it a go i feel ur pain hope u can get comfy and find ur wy through it .not long now x

I have my ball now, so I will get on it! Thanks ladies :)

Yeah, it's a bit pants. My physio is lovely, but she admitted there's not much she can do. Fx your back Doesnt get worse. My spd has been 'controlled ' by limiting walking and activity. Boring but it has stopped it getting too horrendous.
I must get on my ball more! Also get back into my yoga, feels too damn hot fot it though! Xx

I had the same experience. I lay on the little bed for about 5 minutes whilst she moved my legs in different positions and asked what hurt. I was then told it was my ligaments and it was a symptom of pregnancy and that because I'm pregnant, the usual treatments can't be used because they're not considered safe for the baby. I was given a back brace. In fairness it did help whilst I was at work. On the day I forgot to put it on, I could barely walk by the time I got home. It wasn't a miracle cure and my back and hips still hurt, but it helped me get through the day and also supported my bump, so took a bit of the pressure away. I am avoiding wearing it at the moment due to the weather!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back