• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Phil and Teds am I making the right choice??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Well I had put a deposit on a Mamas and Papas Pliko Switch, but after seeing a friend today who has a newborn and a toddler of 2 years and 4 months, and talking to her I have decided to go for a Phil and Teds Double instead!!!

Zachary is going to be 2 years and 4 months when the little one is born and my friend said she got a normal pram but had to buy the Phil and Teds because her toddler didnt want to stand on the buggy board, got tired easily and really needed to be in a pushchair.

So im hoping by getting a Phil and Teds I wont make this mistake what do you guys think??? :think:

My friend had 2 close together and LOVED her Phil and Teds, she said to me if I was considering another one after this one to get a Phil and Teds as they are fab!

The Phil and Teds Pram is the best with two little uns hon, nearly all the mums I know with two under 3 have one and they have never complained.

Best thing ever, once you have finished with it, you'll probably be able to sell it really easily :D

Gia will be 2 1/2 when her brother or sister is born and I'm hoping she will be okay on the buggy board as she is quite an independant little lady and doesn't like being in her pram anyway, but if she isn't, hubby and I will def go out and get a Phil and Teds

Xxx

We've got the Phil & Ted's, but not got the double kit yet. I'm hoping we might have another baby after Pixie, so me and MiL felt it was a good investment. I've not put it to any practical use yet, but pushed the full thingy around Mothercare. I have to say it was a doddle compared to trying to navigate with my friend's side by side twin pushchair.

I'm still debating what to do too. I know Tom won't stay on a buggy board.

Marcus will be just turned 2 when the new baby arrives. Been to mothercare last week and opened one of their payment plans to get a phil & teds. Just seems to make so much more sense to have a buggy which is adaptable for when M is walking more and the little one is still being pushed around, won't need to shell out for another buggy as the doubles kit can be removed! :cheer:

I have decided to buy the phil and teds too - just wish I had bought it first time :shakehead:

I personally hate the look of the Phil & Teds, I think it looks like the second baby's just been shoved under out of the way. Plus the one at the back doesn't have anything to look at except the seat in front.

At the moment I've been carrying ds2 in the sling and having ds in the buggy, then once ds2 is a bit bigger I'm getting a lightweight side by side double. It'll be a bit bulky but I really don't like the P&T. It's a very personal choice though so if you like it go for it!

Last edited:
We have the Phil and Teds and i think it is great. The cocoon is great for newborns. When Nathaniel was smaller, we would walk to Jacobs toddler group and then I could just carry Nathaniel in in the cocoon without waking him and he would sleep for the whole session. Now he is a bit bigger, I have moved him into the back seat as i found he wanted to look around and he loves it. Although they dont recommend this until 4+ months, the P&T's harness straps are fab and really hold him in. Jacob also loves the buggy and loves having his brother behind him. He keeps checking he is still there!!! :D

SL702193-1.jpg

maybebaby said:
I personally hate the look of the Phil & Teds, I think it looks like the second baby's just been shoved under out of the way. Plus the one at the back doesn't have anything to look at except the seat in front.

At the moment I've been carrying Fraser in the sling and having Austin in the buggy, then once F is a bit bigger I'm getting a lightweight side by side double. It'll be a bit bulky but I really don't like the P&T. It's a very personal choice though so if you like it go for it!

Im sorry sweetie but i dont like them either :hug:

It looks like the baby is in the shopping basket, and just at the right level for someone passing by to accidentally flick a fag butt in or a dog cocking its leg up, i looked at one in toys r us as i need to get a double too and i thought the phil and teds was really flimsy compared to others and the toddler is only inches away from the new baby underneath. As previuosly said its a personal choice so if you like it go for it but i think they are way over priced at well over £400 :shock:

Hope you sort out your dilemma soon and get what is right for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

To be honest when we first saw them, I thought the same that the kids looked stacked! I will probably only need to use it as a double buggy for about 6 months or so until Marcus is walking more and then I will just use it as a single. Everytime I see someone with one I collar them to ask how they find it and everyone I have spoken to loves it, and the baby at the back always looks snug and safe. The 'stack' effect means that it's taking up less space both width and lengthways and is therefore easier to get through doors and on and off buses, and is one of the ideals which attracted us to it. Saying that, I have yet to push one with a baby and a toddler in it, so come summer time, I may well be on here posting how much I hate it! :lol:

I used this in my current nanny job and have another friend who had one in her job too, I do like them but we both found the same problem with them, they get tons of punctures!! Saying that though both the families we work for have had them a few years so Im not sure if its a fault on the old ones which might not happen anymore. And they were only used in towns as well, not anywhere particularly bumpy or uneven so thats not an excuse.

Like I say Im not sure if its an old fault but might be something to watch out for. Otherwise they're very handy as you can still easily fit in doorways etc, just be careful if you're anything like me as I was constantly forgetting how far out the front wheel is and banging into things :rotfl:

I went and had a look at one today and I have to say I was really impressed by it!!

Zachary had a sit in it and he loved it. It is SO lightweight to push, and I cant believe how versatile it is.

From what people were saying about the baby being 'in the shopping basket' I thought the baby part would be really, really low but its not its about midway down the buggy!!!!

Cant believe how easy it converts to a single pushchair too.

Put a deposit on one, and im sure ive made the right choice, thanks for all the advice everyone!!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back