Phil and Teds am I making the right choice??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Well I had put a deposit on a Mamas and Papas Pliko Switch, but after seeing a friend today who has a newborn and a toddler of 2 years and 4 months, and talking to her I have decided to go for a Phil and Teds Double instead!!!

Zachary is going to be 2 years and 4 months when the little one is born and my friend said she got a normal pram but had to buy the Phil and Teds because her toddler didnt want to stand on the buggy board, got tired easily and really needed to be in a pushchair.

So im hoping by getting a Phil and Teds I wont make this mistake what do you guys think??? :think:

We considered one when looking when we I was PG with our son. We are planning on TTC fairly soon and thought it might be an option and then add on the second seat when needed.

What really put me off was that one child would be underneath and seeing the back of the seat in front. And also didn't like that that was where a small baby would go when small. I wanted face to face when out and about with a baby. I really didn't like that baby would be stuck underneath in the papoose thing and then toddler stuck behind when baby had outgrown it.

Also it felt a lot flimsier to me than some of the other 3 wheelers we tested. We ended up going for a Jane single pushchair and plan to use a buggy board if we have another. And also a sling in the early months for a second child if we have one soon.

Jaidy, I've done lots of research on the P&T recently and even gone to visit a friend with one and a baby and a toddler to push with them in it/fold up to go in my boot etc etc.

I have to say I love it. Everyone I speak to who has one also loves it.

I love the fact its a three wheeler capable of off roading on farm tracks, river walks etc but also folds small and is light and fits in most car boots. Its small enough to be easy to get round the shops. I like the fact it looks funky and stylish. Its easy to pump the tyres too.

Best of all, there's £70 off it at Mothercare at the moment and I have a code for buying online for 10% off a spend over £120 - AF8, bringing the cost down to £233 or £315 including doubles kits and double raincover (I'll buy or make P&T cosytoes or two buggy snuggles for next winter, not buying them now for a summer baby).

As Sherlock mentions, I did have concerns about the newborn not facing you but I do plan to sling as well and use the P&T as a single as well as a double (very easy to change between, I had a go). I did also have concerns about one toddler being at the back, but I spoke to a Mum yesterday who said her toddler sees it as her castle - she's loads of room and just creates a wee house in there for herself. Its certainly a better option for me than a buggy board (not keen on these, particularly if going for long walk) and I haven't yet found a great sling for me for slightly older baby so at the moment slinging is only an option for the first few months for me. As there will only be 22 months between mine, I felt I needed a double buggy - which later converts back to a single.

P&T really did tick all the boxes for us - now just have a raise the cash to pay for it!

Go for it!

Valentine Xxx

Valentine thanks for such a detailed reply :D

I also posted in 2nd trimester and got some great feedback.

I went and saw one today and I was really, really impressed!!!! Think its defo the way to go, especially as I have a far walk to town and I dont think Zachary will stay on a buggy board.

Put a deposit on the Phil and Teds Sport in Nvay, very excited.

Thanks again :hug: :hug:

I've been in to mothercare to look at the P&T and I think I will be getting one too will be interested to c some replies on here from some mums that have one. xxxx

Loving this thread! Wonder how long the £70 off at mothercare will last? Need to wait til I have had my scan b4 i go buying stuff, but really want one of these! I think Alexander would like a buggy board, but when thye are being a bit unruly :roll: its quite nice to buckle them up and run around getting what you need!

ooh what colour and style to go for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back