petrified

Hi! It scares me senseless too. The things that keep me from getting too stressed are: The drugs! They dont just give you epidural type drugs to numb the pain but also you can go for the gas and air thing, which makes you feel all floaty and calm! Perfect.

The other thing that helps is watching shows on tv, like hospital sydney, or "I didnt know I was pregnant", you get to see lots of labour and labour reenactments which only go on for about 10 mins as the shows are only half an hour long and I somehow find that very comforting! I watch it and think - yes, it looks painful, but it seems to be over so quickly and then the programme moves on to how happy the parents are, crying and holding the baby and then taking it home to its lovely new life. I like to think that labour is a bit like that - I know it goes on and on in reality but I think you only remember it as a brief awful slot in the processs. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks Girls! I Feel More Confident Now.. Got Some Pains Before & Just Sat There Calmly And Thought Could This Be It? Dont Think It Was Though :( Just Braxton Hicks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back