Petrified of more twins

I'm not sure there is any truth in the sickness thing honey. I have a few friends who have given birth in the last year that have had terrible sickness (2 were signed off work because of it) and they all had boys. My other friend had no sickness and she had a girl. I think it's a genetic thing, my mum has 2 girls and a boy and had no sickness at all.

Like others have said, you will love your baby no matter what, and when it comes to it, you really won't care. My friend was desperate for a girl and ended up with a boy but now she says she wants her next baby to be a boy!

Xx

Last edited:
apparently symptoms can be worse as you get older so maybe cos its just because your not in your 20's thats making this one feel worse. they do say every pregnancy is different too. i had horrid sickness and they say im having a girl and my friend had total awful sickness with her DD but not with DS

Look on the bright side, could be worse......could be triplets! :D :p

I have every confidence Cos that you'll be fine.

I'm seriously considering paying for an early scan to check there is only one baby in there, just to put my mind at rest x

I'm seriously considering paying for an early scan to check there is only one baby in there, just to put my mind at rest x

Do it, my 8 week scan was money well spent. It's just the reassurance you need early on. Early scans don't really cost the earth anyway. Not like the later 4d ones anyway.

each pregnancy is different, and sickness can happen in any

My friend is pregnant with her second set of twins,
She had a single boy first pregnancy
A boy and a girl twins second time around
And in now pregnant with twin boys I was really shocked but she said she had been told there was a high chance? I have to add she is also a twin herself.

Sickness wise I've been totally different with each one, really hope there's one little pink bundle in there for you xxxxx

Another set of twins is not an option for me, it's really not. I couldn't cope physically or mentally. I don't know if I should book a scan for this week, next week or wait til 8th March for my NHS scan??? xxx

How many weeks r u now Cos (on Tapatalk so can't see)?

I think 8 weeks is a good time. I.e. not to early so you can see HB and you can see that everything is where it should be.

7 weeks today. So if I wait til 8 weeks I might as well wait until the week after. I'll be 9 weeks at the scan I have booked on 8th march. Should I just wait then? x

Are your twin identical or non identical?

If there not it's 1 in 3000 chance of having a second set

If they are there's 1 in 70,000 chance of having a second set

Quite low chance for both really, my friend was at a much higher chance as she was a twin herself xxxxxxx

Mine are id but I have a massive family history of twins on my mums side. My nan had two sets, two of my aunties have a set and my sister has a set. See why I'm worried? x

Well, as someone who just found out she's having twins, I definitely agree it's a great shock and I'm quite worried about being able to cope, so I can imagine how much scarier it would be already having a set! Saying that, there's nothing that can be done differently now, and of course I'm feeling so blessed to be having these babies and just pray they are healthy!

Good luck with whatever happens :)

Oh yeah twins are most definitely a blessing, but no more for me thank you very much.
I'll be fine once I have the scan and find out there is only one (I hope).
I suppose I'm just shocked by the sickness I'm experiencing and I was never even nauseous with both of my singleton pregnancies.
I am older now so maybe it's that.
Positive thoughts please everyone, fx for one baby.
8th march can't come quick enough x

I think sickness gets worse with age cos mine has got worse the more kiddies I've had. I am in bed really I'll since 4 o'clock I honestly have been knocked sideways by it this time I'm normally great at coping but I just can't.
My guess is you have one little bean in there and I would love it to be the bundle you want if not and mine is pink we can trade as I quite fancy a blue one that is if you don't mind having a Ginger kid lol x

I think you're probably right AR.
I think we've got a deal, I would love a little ginger girly :) xx

Oh no not a ginge! :shock:

JK Rose is adorable.

I was sick as a dog until week 20. Then again I'm an old bird (38). Though I don't have previous pregnancies to compare to.

How you feeling today? Is it constant or only at certain times? Your lucky you have a fab oh like me I don't know how I would cope without him x

My oh is getting right on my wick. He's telling me I don't need an early scan and I should just be patient and wait grrrrr. Men have no idea. I told him to shut his face and if I want one I'll get one. He said "what did you bloody ask me for then" men eh x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back