Petrified of more twins

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
As you know, I have been really poorly with sickness. Today I have had to call in sick (have never called in sick when pregnant!)
I had zero nausea with my singleton pregnancies.
I had some nausea and was sick a couple of times with my twin pregnancy.
This time, I'm really struggling, it's so unlike me.
I had a dream (nightmare) last night that I went for my scan and the woman said there was more than one baby. I just lay on the bed saying "no no no no no" over and over like a mad lady.
The worrying thing is that there is a massively high risk of more twins for me so it's not an irrational fear :(
Pointless post really, just need some reassurance that there's only one (and it's a girl ;) ) xx

Oops is there chance you can get private scan or early scan to put your mind at rest?

I've got a scan on 8th March which is less than 2 weeks now. I was really looking forward to it but now I'm dreading it.
I said to oh this morning "what will we do if theres more than one again" and he just said don't worry!!! Oh yeah! x

I'm also now concerned about my early BFP and early symptoms.
Anyone had bad morning sickness with a girl but none with a boy?
People at work keep telling me it must be a girl :) xx

This is my first pregnancy so I can't give my experience, but I have had no morning sickness and it's a boy and my SIL was as sick as a dog and she's pregnant with a girl. Also my sister has 2 girls and a boy and was only sick with the girls :) xxx

Cos, I have every confidence that no matter what you get or the outcome of your scan your children will be loved, wanted and cherished.

Twins or not or girl or not you will have beautiful additions to your family. I wish I could tell the future and tell you what you need to know however I can only comment based on your past posts so I know how much you love you family.

Only advice I can give is chill for now because there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Get rest and see if you can find something that helps with the sickness (watermelon and ginger ale helped me). :hug:

My mum has 3 boys and a girl (me) and she was only sick with me and never with the boys! So there might be some truth in the sickness thing :)

I would say every pregnancy is different hun so it doesn't necessarily mean twins, it might just be that this pregnancy is a more sicky one! Can I ask why you don't want more twins? Is it financial? I know this probably doesn't help hun but I'm a big believer in things being meant to be, and if you're having twins then you are meant to have them and you will find a way to make it work sweetie!

Good luck for the scan xxx

I have been really sick, bedbound for 2 months it was that bad, it petered off at 20+ weeks but is back again. I worried it was twins but it wasn't, just the one and a girl :) HTH x

awww hun things will be fine im sure...
I neve had any sickness and im having a girl but neither did my mum, it must be a family trait and she had 2 girls. Dont give up hope and feel better soon x

My morning sickness was a lot worse this time round and it's a girl, hardly had any with my two boys x

My husband is a triplet, and although my chances were considerably lower, I was absolutely terrified that there was more than one baby in here because I got a bfp on a digi at 9dpo! and really dark lines on the IC's.

But I had an early scan and it showed one peanut.

This probably wont help, but thought I'd share!

My mum said the only morning sickness was with my brother and she had none with my sisters! Just goes to show you every pregnancy is different hun and hopefully that's the same for you. I've a feeling I've a girl and I've been as sick as a dog to the extent that I've lost over a stone lol. My sister has a boy and she had no morning sickness with him xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My mum always said her pregnancy with me and with my sister was horrendous compared to that of my brother. 2 females in close quarters often goes badly lol.
I told my optician I was pregnant as she asked if I had medical reasons for eye changes and I had no idea, and she kept saying 'them' and talking about twins. Freaked me out lol.
Fingers crossed for you you get the 1 girl you're after :)

1st preganacy i had morning sickness for first 12 weeks then the last 10 weeks and it was a boy

2nd pregnancy i had sickness morning, noon and night aswell as inbetween for the whole 9 months so thought maybe a girl, but it was a boy

this time around no sickness at all so far, so was convinced it was a girl as everything was completely different and apparently its another boy :) unless they got it wrong!!

but the point is u will love ur baby not matter what sex it is and how many there may be in there!! and every preganancy can be completely different no matter if its the same sex or different!! but fx its 1 and a girl for you :) xx

But cos it could be twin girls? :faint: Surely that wouldn't be a bad thing :whistle: xxx

There's one baby and it's a girl lol

Awww bless you hon, all I can say if it's not like the others maybe it is a girl? xx

Hope its just a little pink bundle causing you all the sickness!

I had a girl last time, had nausea for first tri, the same this time but worse, actually been sick a few times too. Not sure if symptoms just get worse with each pregnancy?? Seems to be the case with me and two of my friends.

I also had an early strong bfp at 9dpo, earlier symptoms, thought it was twins but only one bean in there :D x x

Thanks everyone, your sensible replies have calmed my chaotic mind, for now ;)
I'm going to book a 16 week gender scan so not long to wait :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back