Pet Owners- How do you cope?

shadow

Reaction score
I want to know how anyone copes with a baby, two dogs and a husband?

I like i am constantly on the go- today is the 1st day in the week I have had time to myself, and thats only because I'm ignoring the dishes/washing/cleaning etc at the moment.

I am constantly sorting out/cleaning up after the baby. Then there are my 2 dogs who either constantly drag mud into the house, or mess on my kitchen floor. Its not the dogs fault, in my old house we had a dog flap so they could go in and out, but in this house we dont, and as OH is doing the garden, half the time they cant go out (as there is concrete going of, etc) and they end up messing on the floor. SO its my fault, and I should just take them out for a walk, but what with OH working all hours and not getting in til really late, I cant as I cant walk two dogs and the baby! Its a nightmare, so i feel like my house is unhygenic and smelly, even though I'm bleaching it everyday, and I cant even imagine what it will be like when LO is crawling- I think I need a drink! :shock: (havent drunk since my wedding last may! just dont have the time! )

Wow, didnt realise how much stuff i needed to get off my chest. And take a deep breath......woooooooooooo

oh hun i feel for you, it can be so hard, right ok to start with maybe see if you can find a dog walker, a responsible teenager would be best as cheaper than a professional one, this would of course depend on your dogs as to this being suitable. This would also mean while the dogs are out you would have a chance to do a bit of cleaning with them out the way, i do mine while hubby walks them, i cant have a dog walker because my dogs are too big for most to control.
If this isnt ok you really do need to pen off an area big enough for the dogs at least to go out to the loo.
Maybe you could do a task swap with a friend or neighbour, ie you do a bit of shopping with someone if they walk the dogs.

I have no idea how i do it. I can't walk the dogs at mo coz i can't do it alone. I have 2. But they spend their time running around in the garden as often as they can. But i have 4 cats and 3 kittens too. The kittens need bottle feeding on a regular basis. But i make them work round me. My baby comes 1st and as soon as she's settled i'll let out/feed the dogs then the rest of the time on cleaning. Unfortunately the housework comes last but i'm not unhygenic. It gets done just slowly. I've managed to get a 'set time' to do things. Unless the baby plays up it tends to work out pretty smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back