Permanently straight?

MrsR

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering having my hair, which is naturally curly, permanently straightened. Has anybody had this done or know anybody who has had this done? How did it go? x I just think I suit straight hair a lot more than curly and it's soooo much easier to look after! Plus I can get up, pull it into a ponytail or clip it up and still look ok when it's straight but when it's curly I have to actually do stuff with it (I am aware how lazy this makes me sound! Lol) x

Hiya,I'm a hairdresser and although chemical straightening works it isn't permanent cos it hair will still grow back curly and the product used to straighten the hair can only b put upto an inch from ur roots so depending on how thick and heavy ur hair is will vary the final result xx

Hiya,I'm a hairdresser and although chemical straightening works it isn't permanent cos it hair will still grow back curly and the product used to straighten the hair can only b put upto an inch from ur roots so depending on how thick and heavy ur hair is will vary the final result xx

Thank you, yeah I knew hair would obviously grow back curly but just wondered about results x my hair is quite thick, is this good or bad? Lol x thank you so much for your reply x

If urs hairs thick then often resulta may last longer cos the weight of the hair drags it down (if that makes sense?) if it's what u want then def go 4 it,a salon should b able to give u a thorough consultation and will b able to advise u better by examinin texture,condition of the hair etc xxx

If urs hairs thick then often resulta may last longer cos the weight of the hair drags it down (if that makes sense?) if it's what u want then def go 4 it,a salon should b able to give u a thorough consultation and will b able to advise u better by examinin texture,condition of the hair etc xxx

Aw thank you so much!!!

Boots have a straightening kit, I've used it after perms have half fell out etc, not sure how it would work on natural curled hair so might be worth a look on the box?

I used to use a L'Oreal straightening procedure in the salon i worked at. One ladies had alllllmost afro hair. I found the more it was done, the straighter it got, and every follow up appointment was just roots. It was called XTenso x

Can I ask how much it cost for each treatment? x

In our salon it was £35-45. If i remember rightly, that didnt include a blow dry :s

Last edited:
Ok cool x thank you so so much!

I might have this done because my hairs curly and I have to spend ages straightening it! Hmmm xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back