Anyone recommend good hair straightners??

bagpuss

Reaction score
:D My Mom has got curly hair,and has recently had it cut in a short bob,which can be worn curly or straight.She prefers it straight,so we got a cheap set of ceramic straightners for her to use,but they don't seem much cop.

Can anyone recommend a good,reasonably priced set so as I can get them for her Christamas box?? :D

Well I personally love my GHD's - But they are pricey.

:wave: Hi Rachael....what are GHDs???Sorry for being ignorant,but I really haven't a clue!! :D

I've got some babyliss cordless ones, they were about £30 from boots and I love them :) They have a bit like a cordless kettle you stand them up in to make them hot.

well with myself being a hair stylist, the best are GHD's but there around 120 quid upwards :roll:

i love my GHDs- i think we might get married one day :lol:

Ooh, I thoroughly recommend GHD. I couln't live without mine - well I could but I'd look like a frizz bomb LOL

i love GHD's too - but they were WAAAAYYY too expensive for me.

i bought some babyliss ones last christmas (can't remember the model though) and they are every bit as good - and only about £30! i've got hair that is both v curly and v frizzy and these straighteners iron it flat instantly and keep it that way. they're fab.

as long as the ones you get have solid ceramic plates (and are not just ceramic coated) and heat to 220 degrees c, then they ought to be decent straighteners.

trixipaws said:
i love my GHDs- i think we might get married one day :lol:

Not if I get there first, ghd's are the love of my life. They are a straight oasis in a land of frizzy locks.

I got some GHDs for xmas about 3years ago, and when they started to act up all i did was send them back and they send ya back a brand new pair, no questions asked.

You can't beat paying £140 for a lifes supply of GHD's.

ghd's :)
i think id cry now if they broke and i couldnt get any more!

Def GHD's I got mine about 2 years ago and the company i ordered from sent me 2 pairs by mistake so i sold a pair on ebay :shhh:

Rachael said:
I think it stands for "Good Hair Day" - Here's a link - I have the Mark 4's - But as you will see from this link, they aren't cheap, but they are the best straighteners I have ever had.

The GHD one's are the ones I wanted. My haristylist uses them on my hair and I love the finished look. But tbh I hardly ever go anywhere to warrant spending 30 minutes styling my hair like that :lol: so didn't bother in the end.

:D Thanks for all the replies - -the GHD ones sound great but they are pricey - will take a look at the babyliss and Morphy richards ones first,then if she is really into wearing it straight will ask my dear Sis if she wants to go halves for her Birthday pressie in January :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back