Period type pain

jolene

Reaction score
Hello,

a few of us in the 3rd tri section were wondering about some period type pains we've been getting.

Since yesterday i've been getting pains which come on in waves under my bump and around my back, then it fades away after a little while.

It kinda feels like a cross between period pain and trapped wind :rotfl: but its definately isn't wind. Im sure its not labour as there isnt any regularity to it and its only under my bump. Maybe a sign something might happen soon? or maybe just a form or braxton hicks?

Was wondering if any of the mums remember getting this at the end of their pregnancy and have any opinions?

It could be BH's - put your hand on your bump next time it happens - if you feel it go hard that's what it is. TBH my BH's were high in my bump, while the real deal contractions were more in my pelvis - but it might be different depending on how/where your LO is lying.

I had those sort of pains towards the end of my pregnancy. Mine weren't BH though. I just thought it was everything starting to get ready. Maybe a good sign! :cheer:

Baby starting to engage?

I hope you'll have an enjoyable rest of the pregnancy and a beautiful birthing experience :hug: :hug:

I had them towards the end of my pregnancy too and just put it down to my body getting ready for the real thing. They started for me probably about 2 weeks before I gave birth not often just every now. You will know when its the real thing. Hope its all going well for you keep us updated x x

I also had that for several weeks at the end of my pregnancy. It's defo a sign things are happening :) but how ever I wouldn't expect you'll go into labour any time soon. Seems to be more stretching/engaging pains rather than latent labour :hug:

I had them from about 38 weeks (I went 2 weeks overdue) but I still think they were preparing my body for labour :)

My MW once said that all pain happens for a reason. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back