period- is tis normal?

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
i started my first period a few days ago. wooo! :( (6 weeks after birth)
i got up in the middle of the night (last night) and i thought id wet myself :oops: :oops: cause i was soaked. but when i stood up i was absolubtly covered in blood and a massive gush came out of me. when i went toilet i had two of the most massivest blood clots in my pad and then another massive one fell down the toilet. my bathroom looked like something out of a horror movie. i looked like id bin stabbed and the blood was all over the floor and everywhere.
i had only changed my pad about 2 hours before so it isnt like i had one in for ages. and im not usually this heavy.
is this normal for a firts period or should i be worried?? :?

I had my first period a couple of weeks ago and it was really light but that could be because I'm breastfeeding if your worried you should go and see your GP :hug:

huge blood clots 6 weeks after the birth? :think: i think it needs checking hun. go and see your GP.

HI hun,

get yourself checked out. My friend had exactly the same thing and had to be seen by the GP.

You mght also need iron tablets due to excessive loss of blood.

Are you breastfeeding? Cause my blood loss gradually got less and less and by 4 weeks had gone completely. I haven't had a period since.

You'll prob be absolutely fine, but it's not the norm so I'd get it checked out.

K.xx

i seen my HV today and she said its normal. she said some peoples 1st periods are heavy and some really light. and its my uterus's way of having a good clear out? and my next period should be more normal.
i still might go to my GP thought as something just doesnt seem right i feel like i have wet myself all the time im having to change a pad about every half hour :( :(

Your HV is crap. Go and get checked out by your doctor hun because that sounds far from normal to me.

I just had my first 1, 3 months after birth, and it was awful!! so so heavy :( think its normal tbh but maybe ask a doc just in case :hug:

hey hun,

my periods are now generally heavier and more painful than they were before - bugga!!!

But only 6 weeks after giving birth and you have blood clots - are you over doing it? I had a blood clot during my post birth bleeding and that was because i wasnt resting enough. Deffo get checked out by quack x

Hope everythings ok :hug:

I had my first period about 2 weeks ago, I breast and bottle feed about 50/50 and it was a bit heavier than normal.
The clots youre describing worries me, as everyone else has adviced please go and see your GP. :hug: :hug:

I had this excactly the same last month, it was my first "proper" period, it was so heavy i had to stick two pads together so it would last a couple of hours so i could get some sleep, i also had large clots too, quite a few, i also got told that was normal for some women, it lasted 8 days and i am now due another on the 31st of this month and i am hoping to god it wont be like that cos it was absolutely awful, hope you are feeling better soon.x

well i went to see my gp and he said everything is ok and it should calm down on my next period. iv stopped bleeding now too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back