perineal massage

Kayelle

Reaction score
Hey ladies just wondering how many of you did this, and wether you had a tear, also those that didn't did you tear?
I tried the massage for like 5 days but was so wierd, I could barely reach and didnt enjoy it at all, but now sorta freaking out that I should be doing it :-s

I didn't do it. I had an episiotomy. Wasn't as bad afterwards as I thought. And alot better then tearing.x

I did it religiously for my first (as you do!) and didnt do it for second or third deliveries. IMO it made zero difference, maybe it did psychologically (never underestimate the power of psychology) xx

I never did it with my first and didn't tear but he was a tiny 5lb!

I didn't do it, but did tear (2nd degree).

I never did it, had an episiotomy with first to speed up birth as lo's heart rate dropped and a small graze with second even tho it was very fast labour, from 5 cm to born in less than 45 min. So dont think it matters personally.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Hmm so seems so far that those who didn't , did tear or epiostomy, or tiny baby lol. Glad some of you think it doesn't matter, but I am scared as I've always been told I am tight ( sorry tmi!)
The psycological stuff, telling myself it will hurt and I just have to deal with it lol , but as anyone I would rather not tear :-( I guess I shall give it another go! Thanks for your responses :) x

I didn't because it was so fecking hard to reach and uncomfortable! I was rubbish at the pelvic floors too. Probably lucky in that sense that I had a c section lol. xx

I didn't even try, and I only grazed. G was 7lbs. Xxx

Interesting, thank you for the positive answers feeling a lil better :)

i never bothered, couldnt reach lol.
had an episiotomy but in retrospect i wouldn have had to be cut anyway. almost 11lb baby back to back the episiotomy was probably my best case scenario lol and at least i didnt have to have ventouse or forceps. was really glad of the local anaesthetic from the episiotomy tbh :)

I didn't do it and had 2nd degree tear inside and out! I don't think it would have made a diff tho she came out so quickly and her body came at once so it was inevitable that I was going to tear x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back