Perfume and paraben free products

Fab

Reaction score
Do any of you ladies use perfume and paraben free products?

Just found out that Body Shop has a few product lines but interested to know if you know of any others as well as laundry detergent etc.

I use paraben free stuff when possible, particulalrly now that I'm pregnant. I dont often wear perfume, except when going out (and thats not often these days) so I think the small amount that I may use is probably ok.

I also try and use lanolin free products on my face as that promotes hair growth - lol!
x

Sorry, do you mind posting the (brand) names of the products you use? I've seached the internet and cant really find any...

I am allergic to quite a few products so I stick to what I know works for me, I'm using almond oil as moisturiser and I only use perfume when I am going out. I will be using Miamoo for LO xx

I couldn't list them all, but for example at the moment I'm using Palmers coco butter as a body moisturiser. If you look on the label of the product you are interested in they usually say 'paraben free' xx

What is paraben? Is it dangerous? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

A paraben is a preservative that they put in most cosmetic products and deoderants etc. There have been various studies undertaken that show that parabens have also been present in all breast cancer tumours and therefore they think that these chemicals are linked to causing breast cancer.

I only avoid them as my Mum has had breast cancer and it runs in my family. Its not easy though as its in soooo much stuff. I dont think you can go completely paraben free but I do tend to read labels so that not everything I use contains them.

There are sooo many things that they think cause cancer these days that you can spend your life avoiding them all. I guess it only makes sense to try and avoid them if there is a family history.
xx

I've never heard of this. Slightly worrying as my nan died of breast cancer.
I'll definitely be on the lookout for this. Thanks girls!

I just don't understand why they feel the need to put these harmful substances in our every day products?! Makes me angry :( x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back