People Who Copy?

kazlin

Reaction score
Just one of my random posts...

Does it wind you up if/when people copy you?

I know they say that it is a compliment, but I have never really seen it like that!

I have had it done to me in the past and it really annoys me. I once knew this girl who after I had my hair cut, she had the same type of style, she started wearing very similar clothes to me and bought exactly the same pair of shoes!!!
I guess I just like people to be themselves, have their own opinions and ideas etc.
Glad to say that our friendship fizzled out a long time ago!

Is it just me? :think:

I see it as flattery, there is no way she would have copied you if she didn't think you looked great!

Oh my god!!!! Yes it REALLY annoys me! We have friends that are always copying things we do/get and it makes me so flippin' mad!!

Get your own life, not use mine! :evil:

i had a friend whe i was growing up that copied me at everything, i even had to go and model for her to get her hair done, i didnt mind too much but it pissed me off when i told her i was getting something and she would get her mum to go and get it before i could (she had money i had to save)

Oh my god!!!! Yes it REALLY annoys me! We have friends that are always copying things we do/get and it makes me so flippin' mad!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I dont mind so much its when they get something the same but they have to go one better (ie next model up) :evil: :evil:

SKINNYLAD77 said:

grrrr!!!! You just copied my words!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

SarahH said:
SKINNYLAD77 said:

Me too! :twisted:

kazlin said:
SarahH said:
SKINNYLAD77 said:

This could go on for quite a bit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:roll: :x :x :x I know several people like that...one decided she was pagan just because and wanted to wear the same clothes... Because you can choose these thins honestly :roll: I have one sound...

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sheep.jpg

loosers...

midna said:
Dont go there lol grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

hmmmm :think: :rotfl: :twisted: I
m gonna copy you wether you like it or not honey :D

I used to have a couple of friends the same, that miraculously turned "Goth" overnight, all good fun.

My mum copies me!

I try online shopping, so does she. I buy this funky fire pit, so does she. Loadsa stuff that I cant think of right now, but she honestly does copy me!!

I'm flattered by her doing it but at uni/school when other peers did it, it did my head in

Does my head in too, fair enough if someone says oh thats nice, and then gets something similiar or the odd thing the same but when it gets to the point theyre getting to be a minime its rathhherr strange !

Iv got a friend who everytime we go out together now says i wanna baby. wish i was pregnant, i dno what to say to her, her OH doesnt want kids yet and tbh i dnt think shes ready or respsonsible enough to be a mum, its just because im having a baby !!

My friend copied my dream kitchen! When we moved house last year I cut loads of pictures out of magazines of my dream kitchen for when we'd saved up enough money and showed her (and everybody else, I'm so interesting!!! :bored: :sleep: )

I went round to hers the other day and she's had her kitchen done secretly and it's MY KITCHEN!!!! I hate her!!

nah it does't really bother me, if it did I would copywrite my look (slobbymum is now trademarked)

Yep this really annoys me too!!

My nextdoor neighbours do it all the time!!

When i moved in I put our trampoline up then before i even really knew them they had bought one then

we got sky + so did they
we got a new bed so did they
we then upgraded to sky hd so did they
we got a 42inch tv they got 50inch
bought my daughter a ds for birthday she got both her children one just cos
we went on holiday so did they (it wasn't booked til I said about mine and they had never been abroad with their children - 6 years)

this has all happened within 1 month of us getting it and after telling me she is skint!!
now we've had a baby i'm just waiting for her to annouce she's pregnant :rotfl:

maria1976 said:
midna said:
I used to have a couple of friends the same, that miraculously turned "Goth" overnight, all good fun.

I know someone like that! She used to dress very, very normal then all of a sudden, because she started hanging around with goths and metallers decided to become one.
From then on nearly everytime she spoke she did the \m/ sign...that really, really grated me :roll:

Sadly, yes it bugs me.

They try to out do you sometimes as well, become "more goth than thou", and then throw in the whole "i'm a Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Goffik Pagan Metaller Emo Chick me i am, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! \m/ *head waggle, apparently a mosh, tongue out ala bloke from Kiss* \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/"

Yeah they piss me off.
Almost as bad as those sheep/chav things that walk around town.

*shudder*

yes it really p*sses me off
but its my OH who copys everything that i do
i.e i stop drinking fizzy drinks then so does he
i say ive got a headache and don't feel well and he says the same
at the end of last year i started my driving lessons and guess what so did he!!!!!
the list goes on

All my friends are really different thank god!!!

Wouldnt be able to stand it!!!

It's when i find myself doing i thats the worst!!! :shock: I noticed the odd phrase of baby daddies would slip out at times, not good at all!!

I also hate that he used to basically tell me i was "totally uncool" and try and change my clothes, and hair etc, yet he would also copy things i did!! he picked up all my little phrases when we first got together and even started eating the same things as me that he would never have eaten before. It definately irritated me!!

I like the balance i have with Dave, i pick up some things he does/says and he does the same with me, but at the end of it all we're still the same people we were 5 years ago (just grown up a lot) he still dresses the same, listens to the same music, and i still dress in my boring "normal" way and listen to the same kinda things, we're open to new things the other brings and copying but still individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back