Pelvic Girdle Pain

JuniKat

Reaction score
Hiya everyone! I am just coming into second trimester!
I hope if I can make it to here, its all plain sailing...but so much for hopes!
I now got Pelvic Girdle Pain (well that is what I am told I have)
It feels like someone is consistently kicking hard in my bum (my left bum).
I cannot walk properly and pain can be so bad that I cry...
Has anyone experienced this?
Can anyone give me tips?
Thanks!!

can't help sorry but wanted to say welcome :D :wave:

I cant help either. Have you spoken to your Midwife or GP
Welcome though :wave:

Hi junikat! I've suffered since 12 weeks with this. Apparently the only thing you can do is walk little and often, don't bend or get up sharply and dont lifet very heavy objects. You can take panadol if its really bad, and practice daily pelvic floor exercises! I dont know how far gone you are but apparently the pains should ease off at around week 24 so I'm pretty much counting the hours now! Hope some of those things help!

Oh yes there are support belts you can wear if its very bad, but its debatable whether they are recommended in second tri or not as the tummy muscles get weaker.

:wave: :wave:

hello...I have PGP and my midwife recommended pregnancy yoga...so far it is helping. I also sit on my yoga ball quite a lot and I find that eases it too

Hope you're feeling better soon x

I can't help either I'm afraid but want to welcome you anyway! :wave: :wave:

can't offer any useful advice either, sorry...

but :wave: :wave: and welcome to 2nd tri :cheer:

I have had a similar pain. It started in week 12 and I mentioned it at every appointment, only to get told it is nornmal pain and it's just part of being pregnant. I know I have a high pain threshhold and it was not right, so I went to my GP and played Holy hell. He refered me to a gino as it seemed to be inside, but after a few tests and seeing a physio, turns out I have Symphysis pelvis Dysfunction.

I feel a contant pain in my pelvis, mostly my hip. I can't walk properly and I'm in pain pretty much alll the time. It's worth going in to see your GP and don't let them fob you off. I told him I had to continue working , but this is making it impossible. I'm not saying it's the same thing, but it's worth getting it checked out. xxx

Thanks everyone :wave:
Its great to be here, with for the next 3 weeks!

Thanks Pregnopaws for your advice! I have bought the belt and is helping a bit. I am finding it hard to keep up with the pelvic floor exercises...I am not sure if I am doing it right...but my husband likes it if I do it while we um.... :D

I was recommended aquarobic classes or exercise in swimming pool...has anyone done this?...I cannot fit into all my beautiful swimware and the only one fits is the Sponge Bob one my husband bought me (it not the only one he has bought me...he is not that insensitive honest!) Do you think I look stupid in Sponge Bob?

Thanks pilkers for recommending yoga. I heard that it is excellent for getting back into shape after the big day as well! Is it true that it will not be possible to start after pregnancy if I have not done it before?

oleandershelly you scare me!! Do you think I also have the condition too? I am going to ask my GP...but I hope it goes away after 24 weeks or SOONER!!!
I hopet that Pregnopaws, pilkers, oleandershelly and all other suffers of this horrible condition get better soon!
Honestly...it is horrible because it is hard just being pregnant and with this pain as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back