Hip/Pelvic Pain

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Seems to be getting worse.....
Last night I literally got stuck in our bathroom, unable to move, everytime I went to step forward the pain was excrutiating!!! Eventually had to crawl on the floor! Its just on my right hip, and seems not too bad during the day, but come evening it is agony. This morning it was bad too, but once I started walking a bit I was fine. I have read a bit about pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy and it sounds just like what i have! I'm going to say to my mw at next scan...
Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes hon 'fraid so. I was diagnosed with SPD at roughly 14 weeks, and it's getting gradually worse every week. I now have crutches to support me when I need them. Get yourself referred to the physio and they should be able to give you some tips. Until then, this is the leaflet my physio gave me:

http://www.csp.org.uk/sites/files/csp/secure/acpwh-pgphp_0.pdf

I saw on another thread you're planning on going swimming. This really helped me, but don't do breaststroke xx

I've had this alot, I had to get OH to carry me to the toilet once! I've just been told to see how I( go for the next few weeks and if it gets worse the GP will refer me for tests to see if its hormone related or something else. The bugger had me bending over and all sorts! Thought he'd snapped my hips in half at one point!

I have been suffering with this aswell recently, but I thought it was to early as isn't baby still small?

I was diagnosed with SPD when I were pregnant with Andrew so I think maybe it could be the start up of it again, I always said when I were pregnant last time that I wouldnt get pregnant again for this exact reason and look where I am now lol

Yep me also! I actually have alot of pain when not pregnant as well! I have a condition called hyper mobility syndrome where basically my joints move to far which causes pain in them! It's slowly getting worse again now I'm pg! I get pain in the 2 joints at the back of my pelvis and it's excruciating on whichever side I stand on! Also alot of pain in my groin too :( I will eventually go to the docs when I'm not working lol

Yep me also! I actually have alot of pain when not pregnant as well! I have a condition called hyper mobility syndrome where basically my joints move to far which causes pain in them! It's slowly getting worse again now I'm pg! I get pain in the 2 joints at the back of my pelvis and it's excruciating on whichever side I stand on! Also alot of pain in my groin too :( I will eventually go to the docs when I'm not working lol

Hypermobility is the reason I have SPD xx

Me too unfortunately, it's my right hip that causes the most problems, during the night and first thing in the morning. Saw my gp this week who has referred me for physio, I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse as it had me in tears this week xx

Its my right hip too that gives me the trouble, and is worse in the evening, and first thing in the morning!! I have trouble getting in and out of bed, sitting down and standing up, and in the mornings I look like the hunch back of notradam until I get walking a bit!! I feel like I am in my 90's!! My left hip doesnt give me any bother at all, but my right hip feels like its moving in and out, and sometimes I would almost think it's broken or something!! Was hoping it would improve, but no such luck, so Im going to say at my next scan in 2 weeks. xx

I've been suffering with this too since about 26 weeks, do not as early as some. I do have a question though, do any of u struggle with driving aswell? I was getting awful pains whilst driving home from work just now, starting to get rather fed up with these pregnancy symptoms. Xx

I've been suffering with this too since about 26 weeks, do not as early as some. I do have a question though, do any of u struggle with driving aswell? I was getting awful pains whilst driving home from work just now, starting to get rather fed up with these pregnancy symptoms. Xx

Yup, pain while using the clutch and pain when changing from accelerator to brake. Plus if I drive too long my groin pain starts too. I've been advised again long journeys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back