Pelvic floor exercises.

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
For the past few days I have been weeing when I sneeze :oops: So I'm sat here now trying to do pelvic floor exercises. It seems really awkward though, is your err.. anus supposed to clench too? Thats the only place I seem to notice it.

I was doing some pelvic floor exercises that are on my davina DVD, you do them on all fours and I found it so uncomfortable, I think thats what made me get a water infection, so I stopped doing them. I think sitting up is probably a better option?

(I just posted this in somebody elses thread by accident, thought I had pressed new topic :roll: )

thanks for reminding me to do them (FYI avoid coughing as well, aslo laughter).

My butt also clenches when i do mine sometimes, i wouldn't worry.

I think sitting is ,ore comfortable but whatever works for you.

Sandi

Don't know if this helps, but I was told it feels like when you are trying to hold a trump in :doh:

I was told to squeeze the muscles that would stop you weeing mid flow.

If you need the toilet, try not to go straight away, hold it, that's working your pelvic floor, its really not that tricky, and you can do it in any position :D

Boots actually sell a little Pelvic Floor kit, which is basically weights, and you pop one in your foofoo and clench and then the rod attached rises so you know you're doing them correctly. Saying that I don't know if they still sell them, I bought one after having Isaac but never used it :oops:

Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes your buttocks are supposed to tighten also. The pelvic floor ones for urine incontinence prevention are really simple. Its the muscles used when stopping weeing and the buttocks.

My MW told me not to try it on the loo mid flow as it can sometimes cause problems with urine infection etc.

She said best times were when sitting at desk, driving waiting at lights and things like that. Hold and then release after counting to 10. And to keep it up through pregnancy and then for life to help prevent incontinence later on.

Thank's, I think I'm getting the hang of it now lol. Everytime I do it I can't help but hold my breath though :lol:

i keep forgetting to do mine. How often are you meant to do them? xx

How often are you meant to do them?

i think you are supposed to do about 20 per day prep pregnancy. i used to do pilates and you have to do them all the time ther, but have stopped doing that for last three months.

Sandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back