Peer To Peer Breastfeeding Support

DebbieM

Reaction score
Considering I never wanted to BF when I first got pregnant and found it so flippin' hard, I love it now and although I felt for a long time that the only support I really ever had was from the girls on this forum (a lot of my credit goes to Midna. Somehow I just feel she kept me going and was always so truthful and positive about things - thank you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: ) I digress, anyway... I am so pleased I did continue and want to try and help others now as it turns out to be the best thing I have ever done and my biggest achievement in life. Might sound stupid to some but others who have been through such a s**t time will understand what I mean! :D

My friend even said to me yesterday that she has never met anyone as pro-breastfeeding as me LOL

Well....

I've signed up to become a Peer To Peer Breastfeeding Supporter! Woohoo! The course runs for 8 or 9 weeks and is for 2 hours a week. I'm really excited about it. :dance: :dance:

Not sure yet when the next course will start but I'll be there when it does!

yay that's fab. sounds similar to the one I did, I really enjoyed it (and you get a certificate at the end)

I've signed up with the main breastfeeding co-ordinator in East Angia who also runs and attends the baby cafe's :)

midna said:
welldone deb thats great news its great to give back your experiences and help to new mums who like most of us are soo unprepared for breastfeeding. Im glad you are enjoying it now and boobie milk is just amazing .. its the holy grail in my opinion :D

Dont thank me tbh thank your stubborn thick skinned self .. thats what breastfeeders are made of :wink:

You kept me going though. Dont want to sound soppy but you did. `Ask Matt lol

Hey that's brilliant! There's nothing as good as the feeling you get when you battle adversity and come out on top! You will give hope to a lot of women struggling with breast feeding- it might be hard at times but most problems can be overcome and it is sooo worth it. :cheer:

Hi Debbie my friend has started a Facebook page designed to help and support breastfeeders, it is Breastfeeding and all this baby, I'm sure she wouls appreciate your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back