Pcos & ttc

Samaa

Reaction score
Hi all.

My name is Samaa, pronounced as Summer. I'm 25 years old and have been actively trying to conceive for over a year. I suffer from.PCOS and it has been really hard. So much heartbreak, tears & sleepless nights on many occasions. We are in the process of being referred to the fertility clinic. I need to lose weight but it's so hard.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Anything to help me lose weight? Any PCOS TTC tips?

Much appreciated.

Samaa x

Hi Samaa :)
I also have pcos. I found that eating a low gi diet and a higher fat diet helped me but pcos is one of those weird things where what works for one person really doesn't for another, so it is a bit trial and error to see what your body can deal with. I also discovered that my body didn't like potato. I lost 5kg by swapping to whole milk and full fat dairy product, which sounds insane but I didn't change anything else at all and was doing the same exercise that I was before.

Have you had blood tests to see if you are ovulating? Are you on any medication at all? I was eventually given clomid from the consultant and I also managed to get metformin from my GP as I had heard lots of success stories from the two being taken together. Metformin could also help you lose a bit of weight (although it didn't work for me).

I think with pcos one of the most important things is to keep having lots of sex, as then you are covered if your ovulation is unpredictable (like mine). I also took opks and temps, although both are time consuming and disheartening it does help to know when you are in with a chance.

We conceived on our 7th round of clomid, which was either the 3rd or 4th round alongside the metformin I can't actually remember when I started taking it. There are lots of pcos ladies who do get pregnant without too much trouble so don't be disheartened.

Hi Samaa, I don't suffer with PCOS but the most effective diet I did was slimming world. I'm not associated with it any way so I hope this doesn't count as promotion. It's just my sister and I found it to be the only thing we stuck to. May be worth a shot xxxx

The diet with which I lost the most was carb nite solution. I'm not promoting it but I did manage to lose quite a lot. My boyfriend had the book so I don't know how much it costs. It's a high fat, low carb diet.

Hey, I have PCOS too but have always been regular weight until the last few years when I stopped being able to walk for miles every day! I agree with Snowbee, low carb high fat and protein works best for me, can be challenging though! I try to just calorie count and do as much moving as I can. Exercise is disheartening when results are so slow so I try to just move more - walk on the spot watching tv, park further away from work (or walk there if that's an option!)

Thanks for all the advice. I walk to work now which takes over an hour and 40 mins and even when I'm at work I'm constantly on my feet. I'm in the process of being referred to the fertility clinic. Just waiting for hubby to go for his sperm test then will get the letter.

Also agree with the others that high fat, low carb is best. It's what I should be doing and I don't need to lose weight! (I do have pcos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back