pay rise(:

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I had a lovely suprise at work today
Im my pay envelope was a letter

Dear Sarah
In recognition of your hard work in the Pre Scool, we are awarding you with a pay rise increase pf 4.8% which is over double our average increase this year. The other advantage of this is that for the first 6 weeks of your maternity leave you will be paid 90% or you salary so the higher your salary the better.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent work and commitment to ........ and to wish you continued good health throughout you pregnancy.

It also stated how concerned they had been for my continued use of cycling to work as a form of transport to save money.
And had looked into getting me a bus pass but that now i had transport
( my James Dad when James is not around)
they would like to give me this pay increae to help me i i needed to get public transport if i found i had no other means of transprort.

Basicly they where going to pay for me to have a bus pass each month on top of my wage and in stead gave me a lovely pay rise.

HOW WONDERFUL IS THAT :hug:
I feel all my hard work at the nursery really had been acknowleded.
And im so grateful for this kind and thoughtful concern for my health and my unborn child
I dont earn much as a Nursery Nurse but i love my job and this extra money will come in very handy.
:D :D :D :D

Awwww -that's such a lovely thing to do. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
They obvioulsy think a lot of you. xxx :D

Aww thats really nice i wish my boss was like that :D

Aw, that's so nice - after all the stories of awkward employers on here it's good to hear that there are some out there who look out for their pregnant staff :D

Aw that's so nice to read, you must feel really valued! Well done, you are obviously very good at your job! xxx :D

Having put four children through school, (two still attending), I have always said that good teaching staff are a Godsend.

You deserve this :hug:

You lucky so and so! That is really good of them to do that for you, the most i got was a cushion as my bump keep hitting the desk!

That's lovely for you :) :hug:

And if you are still cycling to work, I'd really think about stopping asap for both your sakes. Not that cycling itself is bad for you, but the recommend sticking to exercise bikes once this far along. In case of fall/jolting/accident etc is the concern I think.

Mind you saying that, in the Netherlands everyone cycles and women go about at 8 months with two kids on their bikes to boot. Quite normal. But over there they really are a nation of cyclists and its flat as a pancake and decent bike lanes *everywhere*

Sherlock said:
That's lovely for you :) :hug:

And if you are still cycling to work, I'd really think about stopping asap for both your sakes. Not that cycling itself is bad for you, but the recommend sticking to exercise bikes once this far along. In case of fall/jolting/accident etc is the concern I think.

Mind you saying that, in the Netherlands everyone cycles and women go about at 8 months with two kids on their bikes to boot. Quite normal. But over there they really are a nation of cyclists and its flat as a pancake and decent bike lanes *everywhere*

Thanks for the concern Sherlock :hug:
I was hoping to continue to cycle for longer but stopped when i reached 21 weeks.
I couldnt physicaly do it anymore it was very incomfortable.
So i asked for a lift from my James Dad i feel bad asking him!! :( but needs must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back