Paternity leave

Jodles

Reaction score
Hi,

It's getting close to when DH and I need to give notice to our employers about when our leave will start. Mine is pretty much decided now, but we're unsure about his paternity leave.

My question is this - what date should he put??? I'm due on 18th May, so I guess he should put that? But what happens if I go 2 weeks overdue - is there room for any flexibility legally?

I feel I'm so clued up about my side of things, and have no idea at all about how his side of things works!!!

Please help, anyone who knows about such things from past experience!

Jo xxx

dont quote me on it but legally im not sure they have to give flexibility, cos someone i know had to give dates and ended up picking the wrong 2 weeks.....

My husband hasnt had to give a date to his employer. He just took in a copy of my MATB1 form confirm pregnancy dates. He's going to take his 2 weeks starting from the day the baby is born, his work are pretty flexible.

xkikix said:
My husband hasnt had to give a date to his employer. He just took in a copy of my MATB1 form confirm pregnancy dates. He's going to take his 2 weeks starting from the day the baby is born, his work are pretty flexible.

Same here. My OH took annual leave instead of paternity leave butgave them my due date, and updated them when I was overdue.

My OH filled in a form his work gave him and it asked for the date i am due, as far as i am aware he gets his two weeks paternity leave when i actually have the baby.
Will be double checking tho.

we just spoke to his work and obviously they knew baby was on way and he started paternity from day Jack was born :D

we're like sweetcheeks and her OH. my husband has just told his company what my due date is, and he's allowed to take his paternity leave as and when trog emerges!

i guess it depends on the company you work for...

x

My hubby is the same, he just told them when we're due and he'll start it from the day the baby comes. He did this last time too. I thought they had to do that tho? :think:

Yep checked and he can start his from the moment i go into labour. No set dates.

not completely sure, but my boyf took 3 weeks off (one holiday, two paternity) and he said he could hav the holiday whenever but was not allowed paternity until the baby was born so if i'd gone overdue he wouldve had to go back to work when his week holiday finished and wait for baby to start paternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back