paternity leave

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about paternity leave?

Its kind of complicated but I am on benefits, I am worried that if the father of my baby takes paternity leave my benefits will be affected. Its a complitated story but the father to my baby is also my landlord.

Does taking paternity leave at work go through the dept of work and pensions? What are the ins and outs of it?

Please help!!!

i THINK that if the father has been in his job for a certain amount of time before you fell pg he is automatically entitled to 2 weeks paternity leave no mater wot benifit etc you the mother is on!!!!! im not 100% sure as i dont have a partner!!! have you recieved the pregnancy book from your MW if so it should be in the back there!!! also i think he needs to tell his boss in advance if he wants to take paternity leave a bit like you would have to with an employer when you wanted to start maternity leave

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I knew about the 2 weeks and asking in advance etc. The main worry is benefits. Im worried they will ask me to pay them all back or stop them or something along those lines!

It doesnt really go into enough detail in the book the MW gave me.

just looked it up in my birth to 5 yrs book and even if u r on benifits it does not make any difference and you will still recieve them hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for doing that for me. The next step was to look on the net.

Does it mention anything about taking paternity leave and the DWP making the connection between the employee and the mother?
Its a bit complicated but the DWP dont know the father of my baby.

sorry i dont know about that it dont say in my book! i hope i helped a bit anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back