passing on some info.....

I don't know the exact name but it's basically a disorder where your blood is too thick and enough of it can't get through to the placenta. I think! The other test looks for something the normal test doesn't detect. Again, I think x

Ahhh i had clotting tests so hopefully it's all covered! Xxx

The medical name for the blood clotting test is thrombophilia (screening)....

Have a look on your notes to see if you were tested for this

X

Last edited:
Now really worried! Was referred for recurrent miscarriage tests in Nov. The locum consultant said that, whatever the outcome of the tests (and my clotting tests had already been done and come back normal), I should take baby aspirin. Got my bop last weekend and duly started taking it. Will have to phone on Mon to get further advice. There's so little known about recurrent miscarriage it's unsettling. All I want is to know I can carry a baby to term.

I would ask them hopeful, tell them you saw this info and ask what they think?

I don't have my notes but know i was tested for clotting disorders, will ask when i call about bloods on monday. Do you know if they tell you about bloods over the phone even if there is an issue? xxx

Lou, as far as I am aware the sticky blood and clotting blood tests are different. The tests for sticky blood are not done everywhere. My hospital said they are one of few that do those tests. Maybe see if you can get a print out of all the bloods you had done?
Hopeful, I would speak to them about the info you have read and see if they can reassure you x

I found out I have thrombophillia in my tests and they said it wouldn't be the cause of my mcs :( saw a lot of different stuff online though , if you were me would you take aspirin ? Xxx

I haven't looked into it too much yet. In your research, has it said there could be a connection with MC's? If so, I would seek a second opinion really xx

Her, when i googled that it did seem like you should to me. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back