I am so confused!! It's about Duphaston!

suzan

Reaction score
Ok. So when I saw my doc, he did prescribe me to take 2 pills of Duphaston.
Duphaston are progesterone pills that help avoid miscarriage from happening and makes the womb of the baby stronger.

I did some research and I had some contradiction found!! I need someone to help me!!

On my first result it says:
Lowers risk of spontaneous abortion through immunologic action

Immunomodulation holds the key to successful pregnancies among women susceptible to spontaneous abortion or miscarriage. This, according to experts, is the emerging view that could help "explain the unexplained" cause in at least 40 percent of pregnancy losses.
Source: http://www.medobserver.com/current/symposium/duphaston.html

The second says:
if you are pregnant, or are
planning to become
pregnant; DUPHASTON
may affect your developing
baby if you take it during pregnancy
Source: http://www.solvay.com.au/files/upload/CMI_Duphaston.pdf

What should I do????

Talk to your doctor about your concerns. If not happy with what he/she says, ask for a second opinion.

And until then, if worried about taking it, don't take it.

If its supposed to help prevent miscarriage and you are worried you may miscarry, I'd really try to relax a bit. I know its not easy and I've never been in your position so can't presume to know how it must feel, but really, chances are everything will be ok with this one. Stressing about it is not helping you at all. You seem to be worrying so much and I hate to think to you are upsetting yourself as much as you seem to be.

Take a deep breath and try, try to relax a little about things.

Walk away from the computer for a while, stop reading all this stuff that is causing you to panic and worry and wait and talk to your doc or another one. And as I said, if really not happy about the meds prescribed, don't take them.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your quick reply Sherlock. It's a fact, I am obsessed about this. I just dont wana miscarry again. I have suffered a lot and I dont wana pass thru that again. I wana have a healthy baby, that's it.

As my first time taking this med, I needed to search about it. I dont think he will tell me to take it if it would hurt my baby, isnt it? My cousin, who is also pregnant, told me she is talking it since she found she was preg bec he doc told her to do that, and she is now 12 weeks.

I just needed to ask this to everyone and try to get some opinions about it. I will definetly ask my doc why this is being said on the net, though we know that it's a fact the lots of lies are hidden in the internet and this might be one of them.
I will keep taking the pills bec I think they can help me.

Thanks

Not a problem. I was feeling for you as I can see you are really worried about things. I'm a bit of a clear speaker and have my rational head on with regards to my own pregnancy. I guess it spills over in how I respond to others :roll: :lol:

I know how worry can cause you to start imagining all kinds of things, as I had a possible very serious medical condition diagnosed a few years ago and it was a real scare. And until I had had tests, more tests and other things I could not relax. I read things online and tbh, it made me feel worse. I decided then to not take to heart too much what I read medical wise as the internet is no replacement for a decent doctor you see in person. It can't diagnose you, can't treat you and it can't cure you. It can only give you information. And sometimes that information is not always something we can apply to ourselves.

I worried a fair bit during my first tri about possibly miscarrying. I spotted and went to see my doctor and he was lovely and explained to me about things. At the end of the day, in these early weeks we can do little and nature really will take its course. Relaxing about things as much as possible and not worrying yourself silly is an important thing to try to do though.

Hang in there and hopefully you'll feel better about things soon.

:hug: :hug:

Hi there

I've had 2 m/cs this year, and found out I was pg again nearly 3 weeks ago. My doctor immediately put me on one junior aspirin a day, and Duphaston (I've been prescribed 3 tablets a day). I'm sure it's all ok, I'd rather take it than risk another mc. Had an early scan this week, and so far so good with a heartbeat, so an improvement on my previous pgs as they didn't develop properly I think.

I'm sure you'll be fine - check with your GP again if you're worried.

Good luck :hug:

suzan, I take a lot of meds that are considered extremely harmful to developing baby... I have been taking them for years... and I discussed my options with my consultant before we started TTCing... She explained that it is unethical to test meds on pregnant women and they have to do so on lab animals instead. The problem is, is that rats don't tend to have the same metabolisim as humans so the results can never be accurate, also the dosage on rats is higher than the dosage they would give to humans thus causing false positives.

In certain meds where the risks of NOT taking it out weigh the risks of taking it during pregnancy, these women have been used almost as guinea pigs, and if there happens to be problems then the med is considered dangerous and you can't take it, others show no problems and they continue to let women take it although no medical research can be produced to confirm it because of the ethics involved in pregnant human testing.

The reason why most meds state you cannot take it while pregnant isn't because it IS dangerous to your child, its because they haven't tested it on pregnant women to make sure that it IS dangerous. You're GP would have prescribed Duphaston because the possibility of it damaging your baby outweighs the risk of your baby dying. I think the fact that you have actually found medical research on this med stating that it prevents miscarriage makes it clear that you should not stop taking this med if you have had miscarriages before. The other warning is just the general warning you will find on all meds that have not been tested on pregnant women. Its a form of self cover.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back