Partial molar

Rainbow1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had a d&c 2 weeks ago after my 3rd mc, 2nd mmc. I’ve just had a phone call from the hospital to say the cells looked suspicious and they think it may be a molar pregnancy and I need to wait 6-8 weeks for definite results. She was saying under no circumstances can I get pregnant again until I have results and saying potentially I might need to go to London for further testing.

We saw a baby and heartbeat at our scan so from what I’ve read this can’t be a full molar pregnancy. Maybe partial?

It’s just blow after blow.

Oh rainbow I’m so sorry, what a sh!tty setback that is, this whole TTC game is hell, I’m aware of what molar pregnancies are but I’ve no experience of them so I haven’t even got any useful advice for you but I just want to say I’m sorry you are having a sh!tty time and I hope the test results come back negative for molar pregnancy xx

Ugh. What rubbish news.

I think you’re right and if you saw a heartbeat it will only be a partial molar. But that’s still a setback and a half.

Sending you big hugs

Thanks girls. I can’t actually believe it. I go on honeymoon today as well, happy honeymoon eh x

Rainbow i am so sorry your having such a rubbish time.
I know its better said than done but try and enjoy your honeymoon, there's nothing worse than spending all that money and looking back in a year or so knowing you didn't make the most of it.
Relax and have fun.
lots of hugs hun x

Wow, Rainbow I’m so sorry. You must feel like you are up against a brick wall.
I’m sorry I have no advice but sending you love ��

I've heard of a molar pregnancy but had no idea a partial molar was even a thing. Apparently it happens when two sperm fertilise the egg at the same time.. its shocking how many things can go wrong with pregnancy. It's a miracle that anyone is born really! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, the fact you have to wait for 8 weeks for results is insane!! Don't let the bad news wreck your honeymoon - let the honeymoon take your mind off it :) have a great time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back