new to the group...

sam69

Reaction score
hello all, my name is Sam and I am currently going into my 8th week of pregnancy (i'm 38). I went for my first scan this morning but it didn't turn out too well. The sac is of a good size but my gyny couln't see a heartbeat and the embryo was only 5mm long, so my hubby and i are not holding our breath. The doc has asked us to go back next week but am down in the dumps and expecting the worst. This is my second pregnancy. The first time i was prgenant was back in Nov 2002. I lost our baby at 11weeks 3days due to a molar pregnancy (partial). I have had 6 IUI's, have contemplated IVF but decided against it. Does this mean that it will be a m/c or does anyone think that there is a chance? would love some advise.

Hello Sam

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means - my MC was clear-cut so I don't have any experience of a scan like yours. Welcome to the forum though, and good luck :hug:

Pea x

hi hun

Really hope that everything goes well next week. Im sorry i cant offer much advice but sending you lots of (((((HUGS)))))) let us know how you get on.

Take care :hug: x x

hiya hun

hope all goes ok next week
welcome to the forum

well it has been confirmed that I have lost this baby. went for another scan today (i would be going into my 9th week) and the baby has'nt grow (still only 5mm). my doc then decided to do a vaginal u/s and when he turned on the blood flow - it just killed me - there was no blood flow going into the sac at all and none in it. so now my hubby and i are thinking of what to do. my doc says he doen't mind if i want to wait a week - which i agreed to this morning - but i'm now thinking, can i really go through another week knowing that nothing can be done - so have decided to call tomorrow to make an appointment for a d&c. i think i need to move on from this sooner rather than later.
thank you all for you support and kind words. i am so pleased that i found this website.

oh Sam I am so so sorry for your loss.

ow sam iam so sorry for your loss heres some big hugs for you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: take care hun

Hi Sam

I'm sorry you haven't had more positive news. :hug:

I think you're very brave and whatever you decide will be for the best. I can certainly sympathise with wanting to get on with things. I've never had a d&c, or evac, so I can't comment on that side of things.

Whatever comes I wish you luck.

Pea x

So sorry to hear the news wasn't positive, I had mc last year - and I was like you just wanted to move on - be kind to yourself hunnie, and take your time to relax and grieve - its important! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh hun im so sorry for you. Its really hard but you will get though it, it will take some time but just take one day at a time.

If you ever need to chat hun you know where we all are just let it out or you can PM me anytime.

Sending you lots of ((((HUGS)))) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

Welcome Hun so sorry to hear your going through a rough time :hug: do they know why this happened to prevent it for next time.
Wish you all the best :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back