FUMING!!! about returning to work :-(

mel_ed

Reaction score
i wrote to work over a week ago now requesting to go back part time ( i prev workied full time)
ive just spoken to her and she said btaht they have no positions for me full time! its upset me so much. theres at least 4 girls that work full time there.
i just feel like ive done something wrong. i never had days off work 1 sick day in 5 years! and i always got to work on time.
i'm so upset about it and i just dont know what to do. i'll never find another part time job.
it would break my heart to have to send finley to nursery full time. i'd just be working to pay some1 elses wages.
dont agree with it wen he's so young.
has any1 else been in this position?

Sorry hun I haven't really, me and my hubby used to work around each others shifts, but when the shift pattern changed, they wouldn't accomodate our situation so I had to take a career break :(

Still on it 5 years later lol

That's really bad, can they do that?

yeh i think they can tehy can offer me the job i left but not part time. i'm so gutted. my whole plans messed up now.
been speaking to my stap dad tho and he wants me to go and work for him as he has his own buisness as a printer. looks like i have no option. i just hate relying on other ppl. i like to be able to bdo things by myself.

5 years later ha ha! do you think u'll ever go back to work?

Have they given u a reason as to y they can't employ u part time? They are legally obliged to accomodate u or give valid reasons y they can't. If ur old position isn't available as part time then they should offer u a different position that is. I'd b very tempted to give citizens advice a ring. xx

Have they given u a reason as to y they can't employ u part time? They are legally obliged to accomodate u or give valid reasons y they can't. If ur old position isn't available as part time then they should offer u a different position that is. I'd b very tempted to give citizens advice a ring. xx

I agree Mel. I would definitely give them a call and see what they say. I don't know loads about it but I employed a girl for a year 2 years ago and I skimmed over that part of the contract and I don't think what your saying sounds quite right? I was just employing her temporarily so don't know if that makes a difference x

my sister worked full time at the pensions office before she went on maternity when she went back she asked to go part time but as 'employing her part time wouldnt meet business needs' she had to go back full time or not at all.

i asked my employers before going on maternity whether i could go back part time and they said exactly the same thing 'it depends on whether at the time employing me part time would suit business needs'

everyone has the right to apply for flexible hours but its not an automatic right unfortunately xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back