paracetamol - how many

Spritzer

Reaction score
i've had really bad tooth ache last few days and have been taking paracetamol for it (taken 10 tabs over 3 days) and was just wondering how many its safe to take??

also is there anything else that its safe to take??

thanks

Ruth x

you can take 2 no nearer apart than every four hours and no more than 8 in 24 hours- i dont think anythingelse is safe i know ibuprofen def isnt!!

but thats when you arent pregnant- so used to just take 1- sorry i edited to say thats the normal reccomendation
maybe ask a midwife just to be sure!

this is what it says on NHS direct website!!

If you're pregnant, and you require medication for short-term pain relief, or to reduce a high temperature, paracetamol is recommended . As with any medicine taken during pregnancy, paracetamol should be taken at the lowest effective dose, for the shortest possible time.

Paracetamol has been used routinely during all stages of pregnancy to reduce high temperatures and for pain relief. Overall, there seems to be no clear evidence of harmful effects on the baby.

If the recommended dose of paracetamol doesn't control your symptoms, or if you're often in pain, speak to your midwife or GP for further advice. Depending on the cause, other medication may be recommended to help you.

You can take codine based pain killers too if you need to but I would avoid if at all possible

Why not go see the dentist and check if it can be treated to stop the pain? Might only need a filling and they could put a temp one in (no injection needed) or a permanent one (if you are me then again, no injection needed).

Sherlock said:
Why not go see the dentist and check if it can be treated to stop the pain? Might only need a filling and they could put a temp one in (no injection needed) or a permanent one (if you are me then again, no injection needed).

Plus dental treatment is free when your pregnant, up until your LO is 12 months old!

xx

im trying to find a dentist at the moment, which isnt prooving easy. i refused to go private so was struck off the list for my old one which didnt bother me much when i didnt have toothache, lol.

i've somehow broke part of 1 of my back teeth off, wasnt aware of doing it but its really sore now, lol.

and as for getting any kind of work done without an injection :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back