Help really bad ear ache :-(

lisa-marie

Reaction score
DH has been off work for 4 days now with this flu thing & I have been praying not to get it but have started to get really bad ear ache in the last few hours & it seems to be geting worse.

I have taken a paracetamol but is there anything else I can do & if it gets worse can docs give anything whilst im pregnant?

Typical been really healthy all the way through & in my last week of work getting ready to relax & get prepared & i get ill :(

olive oil on cotton wool in the ear always helps my sister, hope you feel better soon hun :hug:

Im prone to earaches and always put a hot watle bottle against it (wrapped up in something) as it takes most if not all of the pain away .
Its the best thing for it whilst the ear drops/anti biotics get to work. :hug: :hug: :hug:

emmie said:
olive oil on cotton wool in the ear always helps my sister, hope you feel better soon hun :hug:

The oil should be warm.. that's how my mum used to treat me with ear ache when I was a child. Hope it works for you :hug:

We always used to put ice in a bag behind the ear with earaches so if the heat doesn't work try that. My whole family (mum, dad, OH, gran and Elliott and I) are all laid out with a virusy thing that seems to last about a fortnight although Elliott and I have had colds now for 8 weeks straight. It sucks. I had acute sinusitus last week, the most painful I've ever had, I was in agony. I went to the Dr and he gave me anti-biotics and a nasal spray although I told him I only wanted the anti-bs as a last resort because of thrush issues :oops: . The spray did help as did steaming my head a lot but it was painful with only paracetamol I have to say. Everyone else is dosed up with Lemsip Max :wall: So- if you do get a nasty ear infection you can get anti-bs, fingers crossed that you don't :pray:

Hope you feel better soon hun

+++

I feel your pain. My mum used cooked onions wrapped in a muslin square to draw the pain out, but I'd also recommend seeing a doctor if it persists. The bad thing is, that they can never tell whether it's viral or bacterial. Antibiotics only help in the latter case.

I'm currently down with tonsillitis, and have been given a prescription for antibiotics which I should only pick up if it doesn't get better on its own with rest etc within the next 48 hours or so.

Thanks all had a hottle water bottle against my ear last night which helped loads! I moved it in the middle of the night to my back as suffering back pain - woke up this morning where was the hot water bottle in my husbands arms he had nicked it & was cuddling it :rotfl:

Still have the earache but nowhere near as bad so feeling much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back