Painkillers

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Is it safe to take alot of paracetamol in late pregnancy? Im taking them on a morning and a night at the minute cos my SPD is unbearable and to add to that my back is killing me constantly to the point where I cant stay in the same position for more than 2 minutes :(

I cant do anything anymore, if the baby is bigger than average at my growth scan in 2 weeks Im going to ask them to induce me at 38 weeks...whats the chances of them agreeing to that? I seriously cannot carry on like this much longer :cry:

Sorry, just having a bit of a moan :wall:

Hi Kirsty

:hug:

Sorry to read you are in pain. I'm sure taking the regular dose of paracetemols only morning and evening is ok. I was told when I had a cold I could take up to 6 tablets a day (short term).

Have you tried any localised treatment for your back? Like heat pads or a hot water bottle? I'm not sure if those sticky head pads they sell in Boots might help you but it's worth asking if they are ok to use in pregnancy and giving them a go. I bought some for a friend of mine a few months back and they really gave him a lot of relief.

I don't know about the early inducing. It's not something they usually do I know that much but surely if you are in pain and suffering so bad they should be able to do something. It's definitely worth asking about.

Chin up :hug: With any luck as soon as the baby is born you'll be feeling much better.

So long as you aren't going over your recommended dose there is no problem.

Paracetamol does not cross the placenta so therefore doesn't affect baby at all.

Hi,

I suffer with Sciatica and its really bad now i'm pregnant. I mentioned it to the consultant the other day and she said i could take co-codamol. And that it is safe to take in pregnancy as it is paracetamol and codine. The only she said it could cause constipation! But i am on iron which does that anyway.

You have to buy it over the counter but maybe ask your midwife if she recommends it for you too. I only take it when i'm really in pain and seems stronger than plain paracetamol.

Love Lau
xx

i don't have a clue hun

but i just wanted to give you a hug :hug: even tho it doesn't make a differences

lmarszall said:
Hi,

I suffer with Sciatica and its really bad now i'm pregnant. I mentioned it to the consultant the other day and she said i could take co-codamol. And that it is safe to take in pregnancy as it is paracetamol and codine. The only she said it could cause constipation! But i am on iron which does that anyway.

You have to buy it over the counter but maybe ask your midwife if she recommends it for you too. I only take it when i'm really in pain and seems stronger than plain paracetamol.

Love Lau
xx

i didnt kno u could take codeine! i was told i couldnt take it when i was ill and had to put up wit the pain! :roll:

hope u feel better soon kirsty :hug:

Well the consultant said i could so i'm taking her word for it.

Hopefully she knows what she is talking about!

lol!

Lau
x

My doctor prescribed me cocodamol when I was about 8 weeks pregnant and in agony... so it is safe to have. I think I was allowed 4 tablets a day, so go to your GP - worth a shot!

Hope you feel better soon and/or your baby comes quickly! :hug:

Very BIG hugs kirsty :hug: I do hope you can get some relief, very best wishes :hug:

sorry your feelin bad :hug:

i was perscribed co codamol in my pregnancy cos i suffered with bad SPD so i reckon you should ask about that.

i'm not too sure about inducing you early but its always worth a try, if in doubt cry at the consultant lol no one likes to see a woman cry, just use that to your advantage hun :hug:
hope you start feelin better very soon :hug:

Hi

Hope you dont have to suffer much longer hun hopefully you can work somthingout with your doc/mw
Katrina

lmarszall said:
Hi,

Love Lau
xx

erm on the news they mentioned something about tablets that have codine in and its that , that is an addictive drug so id be very careful with taking that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back