painful ovulation ! Help !!!!!

SaraJ

Reaction score
I came off the pill in May (after 11 years on it !!!) Since then my periods have been quite painful but have calmed down over the last two cycles. I got my posotive OPK this morning and this afternoon, i have had really sharp stabbing pains to the left (i assume this is the side i am ovulating from!) and also backache like i get when i am on my period. Does anyone else get this ? I am worried that this might mean that there is something wrong and i should see a doctor ! Any help or advise would be greatly appreicated ! :sad:

If it's coincided with a positive opk then I would say it's ovulation. If it carries on for more time than you expect it would be worth mentioning it to gp.

Good luck hunny xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd never had ovulation pains before my periods came back after having Toby, and I started getting really bad pains every month - always the day after a positive opk and always very one-sided, so they were definitely ov pains (and quite useful as I only have one working tube so I knew whether or not I was in with a chance that month - obviously after all the sex, but at least I knew if I could get excited about testing or not). I was a bit worried that something wasn't right as it was something I hadn't had before but they seem to be quite common, and I got my bfp this week so obviously it was nothing to be concerned about - just nice to know that you're ovulating :) Fingers crossed for you :dust:

Thanks for the replys ! Im glad that its not just me ! Ill keep an eye on the pain and if it doesnt go or get worse, ill take a trip to the doctors !
Thanks Again ! xxxx

Hope it's gone tomorrow - mine used to last all day. If I hadn't been TTC so I knew it was as I was ovulating every month I think I'd have been worried because it really was quite painful! x

Well, its gone completley this morning ! So i am quite sure it was ovulation ! Im amazed that you can actually feel it !!!! Good job i got some BD'ing in last night ! Thanks again for the replys ! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back