• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain :-( Can anyone help me?

sally12

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

Im hoping someone might be able to explain some pains I have been having...

For the last 4 days ive been getting sharp pains 'down there'....at a guess I would say they are in my cervix. They last a few seconds (from 1-5 seconds maybe) and then they are gone. They arent 'in my bump' at all and they arent regular either. Some days ive had lots and others days, just a few... :?

Does anyone else have these or know what they are? I tried to tell myself that it is probably normal but perhaps it isnt? :think: Now Im starting to worry.....

dont worry hun they are completely normal, i have been having them for a couple of weeks now and i know alot of other peeps on here get them to, i think its just our bodies preparing for birth. :hug: :hug:

Oh good, thats what i wanted to hear! What exactly is happening then? :D

i feel the same thing.
i assumed they were normal! its exciting isnt it? even though its a bit uncomfortable.

i asked midwife about these at antenatal class last week and she said it is bubs poking u diown there with its hand! she said they get ther fingers and poke u in the cervix lol espesh if there head down! little buggers lol!!! its a very strange feeling lol

Sounds to me like its babys head engaging or moving further down if already engaged. Can be quite painful, like sharp shooting pains deep inside? x

I got these with DS and have had again this time. Really painful, enough to make you shout out/take your breath away/bend over?

Google seems to think it's the cervix effacing, apparently they're completely normal but not particularly common so not everyone gets them. And apparently they can happen weeks, days or hours before birth! So unfortunately it doesn't mean that anything's imminent, but it does mean that your body's getting ready!

I'd probably mention it to your midwife next time you see her anyway to be sure.

Thanks for all your replies...I dont know what I would do without this place! :D Its nice to know that something is happening...baby seems way too cosy in there!

I've been getting these - normally only in the evening and they're exactly as you describe.

We're due right at the same time so it sounds like the same thing!

(I remember you from TTC and the other tri's - I hope all is well :hug: )

Hey Satch :wave:

Yes, we had that wave of chartstalkers all getting pg at the same time! :rotfl: All good with me...Im just getting v impatient! Hope you are well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back