ovulation tests

Anna23

Reaction score
hiya all i just took a ovulation test (just as a test and i know i didn't do it properly as i was drinking in the last 2 hours as i had some lemonade and i know i have ovulated but wanted to test one :rotfl: :rotfl: ) anyway i have a line on it but its faint i take it thats negative? why would i still be getting a line after ovulating :?
i thought the test line would be stronger :?

Maybe that was the end of your surge? When I was testing myself last time, I wasn't getting a line at all, then I got a very faint line, then the day after, I got a dark line, which was the day I probabaly ovulated.

lol i have dffo already ovulated however mabe your right its the end of my surge oh well if i don't get a bfp this time i'll use them next month :D

Fingers crossed you don't need them next month! :)

I always seem to get a line lol! No matter what time of the month :?

Ha sorry that didn't really help hun did it!

The line will be fainter after ovulation because the tests detect LH (Lutenizing Hormone) which surges BEFORE ovulation. The tests are designed to show you when you are having this surge so you know when to start BD'ing as the window of opportunity after seeing this surge and ovulation itself is fairly short (No more than 36hours).
Obviously after ovulation has happened, you won't detect your LH in such high volumes, so it will show as a negative.
-But just because you now have a negative ovulation result, it doesn't mean you have lost your chance, if you are still within that window of opportunity, you can still concieve.
For example if you did an OV test yesterday and it was ++ thats when your surge was, but today you would still be fertile, but a OV test may be fainter today as you approach ovulation itself.
Hope that makes sense!

lol kind of but i am deffo 5 days dpo i just wanted to test the test lol but we still will be bding just incase :D (not that i have a choice nor does dh to be :lol: as my bd drive is terible)

I always get a faint line, apparently you always have LH in your system but when I got my pos OV test last month fri pm was faint, sat pm was dark, sun early am was dark but by sun pm back to faint again. I have read that some people can even miss surge if they only test once a day as sometimes it can be that quick.

Charlie5 said:
I have read that some people can even miss surge if they only test once a day as sometimes it can be that quick.

Yeah I read that too...But timing is supposed to be important....You should test mid afternoon rather than first thing in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back